- Production News & Events for December
- ASTRO Announces The NEW DDJ-FLX4!
- Artistic Character. Modern Sensibilities
- Introducing the First Eco-friendly, High Performance IFR Velour - ReVive ™
- LADOT INTRODUCES NEW POSTED PARKING CHANGE REQUEST DEADLINE
- EMMY WINNING VFX ARTIST KEVIN KUTCHAVER REUNITES MEMBERS OF THE "XENA: WARRIOR PRINCESS"
- KIRBY STUDIOS
Zones - Offering December Promotion Discounted Stage Rentals
- CFG Announces Acquisition of Sun Valley-based 'Digital Film Studios'
- Kirby Studios Is The Ultimate Private Marketing Research Venue
- ZEISS Cinematography News
- Pro-Cam expands rental fleet
- Hurling Studios is not just a white cyc studio...we also have a DARK SIDE!
- Mac Studio Rental for Production Offices & Designers
- SEPHORA STUDIOS
- Studio Wings, Inc.
- Allied Studios Lights Up Their NEW Standing Sets!
- A Client's Perspective, The LCW Props Atlanta Approach
- Car Prep Inc. Created a custom "Turtle Charged" Kia Sportage to help save sea turtles
- Step and Repeat LA Rolls Out the Red Carpet for International Film Festival
- HURLING Studios announces DISCOUNT on LightCube Rentals.
- Imperial Art Studios Presents PMGlaser
- SmartSource® Expands in Canada
- Partnership Opportunity - Solar Studios + LMGI - October 23
- Production Expendables Are In Stock Now
- CALIFORNIA IATSE COUNCIL APPLAUDS GOVERNOR NEWSOM SIGNING AB 1775
- Nan Wilson's Manage Ad Music acquired by BMAT Music Innovators to become MAM BMAT
- Fourth Installment in Hit Christian Drama Series Screens in Los Angeles
- Blesscode Entertainment chooses Arroyo West Studios
- The International Cinematographers Guild to Honor Emmy® Nominated Cinematographer Patti Lee, ASC with the ASC Mentor Award
- SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 27th ANNUAL ART DIRECTORS GUILD AWARDS ARE OPEN ONLINE
- Tight Deadlines are Never a Problem
- SECOND ANNUAL DOME FEST WEST EVENT OCTOBER 6-9
- SYNCWEASEL LAUNCHES AS NEW PRODUCTION MUSIC LIBRARY
- It's No Lie..."True Lies" Is Coming Back
- What You Didn't Know About Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- Newel LLC Acquires Dual Modern, Doubles Midcentury Inventory
- Nelson Creative Spaces Sounds Good
- WeCutFoam Collaborated with American Heart Association
- Use Us As Your Harware ToolBox
- eTech Rentals Now Offers Satellite Internet
- How Kirby Studios Is Transforming Confidential LA Film Shoots
- Supreme Prime Night at the ZEISS Cinema Lens Demo Center
- SmartSource® Announces the Appointment of Sergio Bertamini as Business Development Manager - Entertainment
- Top 10 Reasons to BOOK with HURLING STUDIOS
- THE INTERNATIONAL CINEMATOGRAPHERS GUILD ANNOUNCES THE 24TH ANNUAL ECA HONOREES
- Cine Gear Expo Atlanta 2022
- SOUNDTRACK FROM DOCUMENTARY MISSION: JOY
Fine Estates for Film & Photo Production
- Car Prep Hosts Maserati's MC20 Supercar and Now Available for Your Next Production!
- Balloon Wonderland for Wish Kids in Orlando
- Pacific Studios Custom Backdrop Made for BET "Scarifice" Season 2
- FILMING A PERIOD PIECE
- MAKE-UP ARTISTS & HAIR STYLISTS GUILD ANNOUNCES AWARDS TIMETABLE FOR 10th ANNUAL MUAHS AWARDS
- A Very Good Space expands again to become LA's most versatile true RGBw soundstage
- DETAILS ANNOUNCED FOR SECOND ANNUAL DOME FEST WEST EVENT
- The Minions Are Back in Action with Latest Installment in 'Despicable Me' Series
- WeCutFoam Fabricating
Exhibits and Décor for
Museum of Ice Cream,
San Francisco & Miami
- Production News & Events
- SmartSource® Supports 2022 Girls' Voices Now
Summer Filmmaking Program
- Equipment and Production Insurance is now offering annual production insurance policies with zero money down!
- Car Prep Inc. and Genesis GV70 at One World Observatory, New York
- WeCutFoam Collaborated With Internationally Acclaimed Artist Hueman
- RKM Studios Completes Color Correction for Feature Film "I'm Totally Fine"
- UGOSOUND STUDIOS Finishes All Audio Post Work On
- Rose Brand Dance Floors
- New All Tame Animals Brehon completes Natural Farm commercial
- Printhead Studio - a Rose Brand Company
- Visit Us at Cinegear 2022 Booth 231, June 9 - 11 I Los Angeles Convention Center
- Peter Five Eight Debuts at Cannes
- First Look - Cine Gear Expo LA 2022
- RuPaul's DragCon Makes Epic Comeback at LA Convention Center!
- Summer Production Expendables In Stock Now
- Production News & Events
- What do Ozark and The First Lady have in Common?
- Los Angeles LGBT Center Celebrates Legacies of Lorri L. Jean and Darrel Cummings!
- Aim High with Accurate Aviation Mockups and Props
- Guest Post: Lysette Urus Shares Her "Spa-Like" Escape at Producing Lab and Fast Track
- New "Black Back"
- Why is Robert Pattinson the Batman We've Been Waiting For?
- NABShow 2022
Las Vegas, NV, April 23 - 27, 2022
- HOLLYWOOD ON THE SPECTRUM: NEW PHOTO SERIES AND WEBSITE TO LAUNCH
- Samy's News Announces New DV/Edit Equipment
- A Renter's Guide: The 2020 MacBook Pro Features
- David Panfili to Appoint Michael Paul as President of Location Sound Corp.
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
Creative Handbook puts together a bi-monthly newsletter featuring up-to-date information on events, news and industry changes.
Add My Email
August 3, 2022
Ten Emerging Cinematographer Award Winners to Showcase Oct. 2
LOS ANGELES, August 2, 2022 - The International Cinematographers Guild (ICG, IATSE Local 600) has named 10 honorees for the 2022 Annual Emerging Cinematographer Awards (ECA), spotlighting promising cinematographers and providing crucial exposure needed to succeed in the motion picture industry. The collection of 10 selected short films will be showcased at the ECA event on October 2, 2022, at the Wolf Theatre in the Television Academy's Saban Media Center, followed by a cocktail reception.
The winning filmmakers, who have been selected from 108 submissions nationwide, are:
Andrew Aiello, Green Cobra
Austin Scott Ahlborg, Lotus
Jac Cheairs, KENOBI: A Star Wars Fan Film
Morgan Gardiner, Molly Robber
Gregor Tavenner, Pleasant Canyon
Jason Chau, Sting
Michael Tedford, The Elder Scrolls Legends
Leonard P. Walsh, Kingsnake
Eric M. Hurt, Singularity
Allie Schultz, Your Monster
Steven Poster, ASC, National President of the ICG, said, "The Emerging Cinematographer Awards creates opportunity when it is most needed. There are no rules for getting your first break but being part of this talented group of newer cinematographers provides a golden chance to shine in a very tough market."
Jimmy Matlosz, Co-Chair of the Guild's ECA committee added, "The ECA's are back, and we are excited to celebrate the amazing accomplishments of these very talented filmmakers. Each year the competition is increasingly more challenging, and we look forward to spotlighting these emerging cinematographers from across the country."
ICG's Emerging Cinematographer Awards gives Local 600 members an opportunity to present themselves as directors of photography by submitting a short film with a running time of 30 minutes or less for consideration. The awards are open to any member of the Guild who is not already classified as a director of photography. The films are selected by a panel of ICG members from across the country.
For more information about the ECAs go to www.ecawards.net or contact MaryAnne MacDougall at email@example.com.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL CINEMATOGRAPHERS GUILD (ICG)The International Cinematographers Guild (IATSE Local 600) represents approximately 9,000 members who work in film, television and commercials as directors of photography, camera operators, visual effects supervisors, still photographers, camera assistants, film loaders, all members of camera crews and publicists. The first cinematographers union was established in New York in 1926, followed by unions in Los Angeles and Chicago, but it wasn't until 1996 that Local 600 was born as a national guild. ICG's ongoing activities include the Emerging Cinematographer Awards and the ICG Publicists Awards Luncheon. The Guild also publishes the award-winning ICG Magazine www.icgmagazine.com.
CONNECT WITH THE ICGECA Awards Website: ecawards.net
ICG Website: www.icg600.com