- How Kirby Studios Is Transforming Confidential LA Film Shoots
- Supreme Prime Night at the ZEISS Cinema Lens Demo Center
- SmartSource® Announces the Appointment of Sergio Bertamini as Business Development Manager - Entertainment
- Top 10 Reasons to BOOK with HURLING STUDIOS
- THE INTERNATIONAL CINEMATOGRAPHERS GUILD ANNOUNCES THE 24TH ANNUAL ECA HONOREES
- Cine Gear Expo Atlanta 2022
- SOUNDTRACK FROM DOCUMENTARY MISSION: JOY
Fine Estates for Film & Photo Production
- Car Prep Hosts Maserati's MC20 Supercar and Now Available for Your Next Production!
- Balloon Wonderland for Wish Kids in Orlando
- Pacific Studios Custom Backdrop Made for BET "Scarifice" Season 2
- FILMING A PERIOD PIECE
- MAKE-UP ARTISTS & HAIR STYLISTS GUILD ANNOUNCES AWARDS TIMETABLE FOR 10th ANNUAL MUAHS AWARDS
- A Very Good Space expands again to become LA's most versatile true RGBw soundstage
- DETAILS ANNOUNCED FOR SECOND ANNUAL DOME FEST WEST EVENT
- The Minions Are Back in Action with Latest Installment in 'Despicable Me' Series
- WeCutFoam Fabricating
Exhibits and Décor for
Museum of Ice Cream,
San Francisco & Miami
- Production News & Events
- SmartSource® Supports 2022 Girls' Voices Now
Summer Filmmaking Program
- Equipment and Production Insurance is now offering annual production insurance policies with zero money down!
- Car Prep Inc. and Genesis GV70 at One World Observatory, New York
- WeCutFoam Collaborated With Internationally Acclaimed Artist Hueman
- RKM Studios Completes Color Correction for Feature Film "I'm Totally Fine"
- UGOSOUND STUDIOS Finishes All Audio Post Work On
- Rose Brand Dance Floors
- New All Tame Animals Brehon completes Natural Farm commercial
- Printhead Studio - a Rose Brand Company
- Visit Us at Cinegear 2022 Booth 231, June 9 - 11 I Los Angeles Convention Center
- Peter Five Eight Debuts at Cannes
- First Look - Cine Gear Expo LA 2022
- RuPaul's DragCon Makes Epic Comeback at LA Convention Center!
- Summer Production Expendables In Stock Now
- Production News & Events
- What do Ozark and The First Lady have in Common?
- Los Angeles LGBT Center Celebrates Legacies of Lorri L. Jean and Darrel Cummings!
- Aim High with Accurate Aviation Mockups and Props
- Guest Post: Lysette Urus Shares Her "Spa-Like" Escape at Producing Lab and Fast Track
- New "Black Back"
- Why is Robert Pattinson the Batman We've Been Waiting For?
- NABShow 2022
Las Vegas, NV, April 23 - 27, 2022
- HOLLYWOOD ON THE SPECTRUM: NEW PHOTO SERIES AND WEBSITE TO LAUNCH
- Samy's News Announces New DV/Edit Equipment
- A Renter's Guide: The 2020 MacBook Pro Features
- DOZAR Office Furnishings Reducing Rates for Filming
- SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME AND "TED LASSO" PUBLICITY CAMPAIGNS WIN TOP HONORS
- Pool Floats Are Making Quite the Splash as SoCal Readies for Hot Weather
- Design Consultation, Specification & Build Services For Any Project Involving Fabric & Hardware
- INDIAN WEDDINGS
The Heart of What We Do, for real and for TV and Movie Shoots!
- Quixote has Aquired The Production Truck and Chandler Valley Studios
- Acclaimed Boston Music Company Gratitude Sound Names Jeff Turlik as Creative Director
- Charity Event - Peach On Earth - Ukrainian Relief
- New Indie Electronic Music Duo Turns It Up At The Roxy
- ALLOY TRACKS CURRENTLY CELEBRATING ITS 15th ANNIVERSARY
- The 26th Annual Art Directors Guild 'Excellence in Production Design' Awards
- Shining the Spotlight on The Dresden Sun
- MANN GETS A GRIP ON MATTHEWS
- Society of Camera Operators (SOC) Announces 2022 Governors Award
- LOCATION MANAGERS GUILD INTERNATIONAL 9th ANNUAL AWARDS
- READY FOR NATURAL LOOKING LIGHT THAT'S READY WHEN YOU ARE: ON STAGE, ON THE ROAD, ON LOCATION?
- Sun Valley Film Festival March 30 - April 3, 2022
- NINTH ANNUAL MAKE-UP ARTISTS & HAIR STYLISTS GUILD AWARDS
- FRANKIE GRANDE RETURNS TO HOST THE MAKE-UP ARTISTS & HAIR STYLISTS GUILD AWARDS
- JW Winco's New Standard Parts Handbook Is Here!
- ICG PUBLICISTS HONOR LEGENDARY FILMMAKER FRANCIS FORD COPPOLA
- OSBUN PULLS OFF CAPTIVATING MICOR-BUDGET FEATURE with Matthews
- TECHNOLOGY ALERT: JUST HOW CLEAN IS IT
- MEGATRAX REACHES LANDMARK MILESTONE
- Save The Dates - Cine Gear Expo Los Angeles & Atlanta
- Step And Repeat LA Has Been Hard At Work
- Mailbox Toluca Lake 'Doctor' is Here to Help
- MEGATRAX PROUDLY ANNOUNCES "TWISTED JUKEBOX"
- SAS MOVIES OPEN HOUSE
- Goodman Grip And Light Using Cutting Edge Lighting Technology
- AWARD WINNING COMPOSER FRED STORY SELLS STUDIO TO VOCAL INK PRODUCTION
- MEGATRAX TO PRESENT SPECIAL WEBINAR ENTITLED "HOW WILL PODCASTS EVOLVE FROM HERE?" ON DECEMBER 7TH
- How Eclectic Encore Props Transforms City Streets To Look Old In Movies
- Should You Shoot Your Film or Documentary With an iPhone?
- The animal wrangler: Jamie Stimach on why raccoons make great costars
- NIGHT LIGHTS by Bebee is the PREFERRED Choice for Production Companies
- Safari Technologies: Commercials • Print • TV • Features
- Reel Monster Trucks for your 2022 Production
- ALL CREATURES Has a Mission of Gratitued & Dedication
- depict Has a Wide Variety of Paintable Shapes Available to Rent
- Ambassador of Location Connection Presents "Emmy The Mini Horse" a 28" Inch Miniature Horse
- Forsberg Ranch & Company Welcomes You
- Printhead Studios Can Print Seamless Printed Fabric Backdrops
- SmartSource® Brand and Logo Continue to Reflect Its Customer-Centric Tradition and Optimism for 2022
- XM2 PURSUIT - WHAT IT TAKES TO WORK ON FAST 9
- Monster City Studios and Magic Wheelchair Team Up
- Kevin Hart's Laugh Out Loud, Sundance Institute Partner On Screenwriting Fellowship For Black Women
- Gray Television Purchases Third Rail Studios
- Remmet Studios Virtual Production
- Picture Rental Cars is the Garvins Garage Specialty
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- The Temple of Vroom: The World's Largest Private Man Cave!
- SEQUIN ADDS SaaS EXECUTIVE BRYAN BRECKENRIDGE TO ITS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- RM 15 CREATIVE LAUNCHES ENTERTAINMENT MARKETING THEMED PODCAST
- Perfect Latching
- AUERBACH TRANSLATING, SUBTITLING and DUBBING: DO's and DON'Ts
- Introducing PRIVADO from Vista Studios
- Rose Brand: From the Fanciest Main Curtains to Plain Black Masking
- Showbiz Restrooms provides clean, reliable services
- Scenic Expressions now offers Scenic Set Recycling Services
- MEGATRAX SECURES TWO 2021 "MARK AWARD" NOMINATIONS
- A Renter's Guide: The 2020 MacBook Pro Features
- Matthews Claw expands Rigging Options for Astera & T12 Tube Lights
- FIRST ANNUAL "DOME FEST WEST" ANNOUNCES DIRECTOR BRETT LEONARD AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER
- ELECTRIX: Give us a call to schedule your equipment rental!
- DJ DARENA JOINS MOkSHA MUSIC MANAGEMENT
- Branam Enterprises Has Moved
- David Panfili to Appoint Michael Paul as President of Location Sound Corp.
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
Creative Handbook puts together a bi-monthly newsletter featuring up-to-date information on events, news and industry changes.
Add My Email
August 3, 2022
Ten Emerging Cinematographer Award Winners to Showcase Oct. 2
LOS ANGELES, August 2, 2022 - The International Cinematographers Guild (ICG, IATSE Local 600) has named 10 honorees for the 2022 Annual Emerging Cinematographer Awards (ECA), spotlighting promising cinematographers and providing crucial exposure needed to succeed in the motion picture industry. The collection of 10 selected short films will be showcased at the ECA event on October 2, 2022, at the Wolf Theatre in the Television Academy's Saban Media Center, followed by a cocktail reception.
The winning filmmakers, who have been selected from 108 submissions nationwide, are:
Andrew Aiello, Green Cobra
Austin Scott Ahlborg, Lotus
Jac Cheairs, KENOBI: A Star Wars Fan Film
Morgan Gardiner, Molly Robber
Gregor Tavenner, Pleasant Canyon
Jason Chau, Sting
Michael Tedford, The Elder Scrolls Legends
Leonard P. Walsh, Kingsnake
Eric M. Hurt, Singularity
Allie Schultz, Your Monster
Steven Poster, ASC, National President of the ICG, said, "The Emerging Cinematographer Awards creates opportunity when it is most needed. There are no rules for getting your first break but being part of this talented group of newer cinematographers provides a golden chance to shine in a very tough market."
Jimmy Matlosz, Co-Chair of the Guild's ECA committee added, "The ECA's are back, and we are excited to celebrate the amazing accomplishments of these very talented filmmakers. Each year the competition is increasingly more challenging, and we look forward to spotlighting these emerging cinematographers from across the country."
ICG's Emerging Cinematographer Awards gives Local 600 members an opportunity to present themselves as directors of photography by submitting a short film with a running time of 30 minutes or less for consideration. The awards are open to any member of the Guild who is not already classified as a director of photography. The films are selected by a panel of ICG members from across the country.
For more information about the ECAs go to www.ecawards.net or contact MaryAnne MacDougall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL CINEMATOGRAPHERS GUILD (ICG)The International Cinematographers Guild (IATSE Local 600) represents approximately 9,000 members who work in film, television and commercials as directors of photography, camera operators, visual effects supervisors, still photographers, camera assistants, film loaders, all members of camera crews and publicists. The first cinematographers union was established in New York in 1926, followed by unions in Los Angeles and Chicago, but it wasn't until 1996 that Local 600 was born as a national guild. ICG's ongoing activities include the Emerging Cinematographer Awards and the ICG Publicists Awards Luncheon. The Guild also publishes the award-winning ICG Magazine www.icgmagazine.com.
CONNECT WITH THE ICGECA Awards Website: ecawards.net
ICG Website: www.icg600.com