- NEW December Filming Locations available
- Rent ShowLED Drops For Brilliant Starry Night Effects
- Interwoven Studios partners with the Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild
- FILMING WITH PRODUCTION READY AVIATION EQUIPMENT
- BLUE MOON IS READY TO CLEAN
- A Big Thank You from The Location Connection
- Introducing CinCraft
- Aoki Foundation Raises for the Advancement of Neuroscience!
- SEPHORA STUDIOS
- ZEISS Cinematography News for November
- Fall Production News & Events
Three Unique Event Spaces
- Toni Maier & Team On Location, Inc.
- GLAAD Hosts Night of Song and Solidarity
- Imperial Art Studios presents Halloween In Hollywood
- SmartSource® Expands to Canada to Support TV & Film Industry
- Philippine Dark Comedy Makes International Premiere at Pacific Design Center
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED
- Ultra Greens now has over 15 acres of Plant Rentals to choose from
- Digitally Print on Opaque "Black Back" Fabric
- Rose Brand Rentals Expands to Orlando
- NATEAC 2024 Opens Request for Proposals
- Moving service local productions or long distance. Full packing. Free estimates.
- Apex Photo Studios Launches Production Services
- One Step Closer!
- LA Fashion Week is Coming!
- ZEISS Cinematography News
See you at Cine Gear Atlanta!
- Great Internet is a Bonding Experience
Fashion District Suite 301
- 25th ANNUAL EMERGING CINEMATOGRAPHER AWARDS - LOS ANGELES!
- Enhance Your Luxury Travel with Our Newest Fleet!
- Aero Mock-Ups Now Open to INDIE Creators
- GOT TIRE MARKS, GREASE OR OIL STAINS?
- Unleash Your Vision with CinePacks Studios' Virtual Production Excellence!
- Journey to the heart of Vatican City without leaving Downtown Los Angeles!
- 41 SETS Grand Coramino Tequila Ad with Kevin Hart
- Winners Announced at Tenth Annual LMGI Awards
- Manhattan's first purpose-built studio is premiering in 2025!
- Iguana Vintage Clothing opens for Production Costumes
- The Palmdale Film Stage is now Open!
- Interwoven Studios Opens Production Studio Facility
- Aim High with Accurate Aviation Mockups and Props
- Super Creative Studios Elevates Live Streaming
- ZEISS Cinematography News
- Blue Moon Cleaning Will Be Here For You
- NYX Cosmetics Launches New 'Barbie' Line at Posh Party on Sunset Strip!
- Ambulance Rentals on Medical Accuracy
- LMGI Presents "Meet the Nominees" Panels Celebrating the 10th Annual LMGI Awards
- Filming a Period Piece with Classic Aircraft or Helicopters
- Steven Spielberg to Receive the Eva Monley Award
- Register Today for Cine Gear Expo Atlanta
- Finally! Reliable, Accurate, Affordable Theatrical Automation
- Custom Dye Sublimation Printed Fabric Backdrops
- Business Owners, Get Your ERC Payroll Tax Refund
- WeCutFoam Collaborated With The Knot
- 10th ANNUAL LMGI AWARDS
- Shadowbox Studios Approved To Build Film Studio In Placerita Canyon
- Fundraising Organization Hosts Evening of Fashion, Entertainment, and Giving!
- Scroggins Aviation is open
- ZEISS acquires Ncam Technologies
- The Latest in Bonded Internet Rentals: PepLink
- WeCutFoam Creating Props for Oakland A's 50th Anniversary
- Student Discounts
- C.C. Rental Adds Refrigerated Trucks to Their Atlanta Fleet
- You're Invited!
Join us for an upcoming event
- American Mystery-Drama Anthology Series Premieres 2nd Season!
- The Absolute Location is Back Again!
- Get Expert Curtain Design, Specification and Fabrication
- Hop Ups - Fast & Dynamic
- NYX x WeHo Pride
- A Cine Gear to Remember
- Reel Monster Trucks on "Between 2 Rides"
- Our Animals are the Best in the Business
- Toni Maier & Team On Location, Inc.
- David Panfili to Appoint Michael Paul as President of Location Sound Corp.
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
Creative Handbook puts together a bi-monthly newsletter featuring up-to-date information on events, news and industry changes.
Add My Email
October 16, 2023
Vancouver location to provide studio-specific staff to support industry needs
Hauppauge, NY - October 16,, 2023 - SmartSource®, an ABCOM Technology Group company and leading technology solutons provider, is thrilled to announce its expansion into Canada. This significant development is set to elevate its existng support for the film and television industry. The company's new Vancouver office, which opened on July 17, 2023, is a testament to its commitment to servicing producton companies locally and enhancing its internatonal presence.
In the past, SmartSource has supported their clients in the Canadian market through its Los Angeles branch. This expansion represents the company's first brick and mortar locaton in Canada and is a strategic move to strengthen its commitment to the Canadian film and television industry.
"We recognize that the rapid deployment of technology solutons is crucial for seamless film and television productons," said SmartSource CEO, Ali Vafa. "The Canadian film and television industry has seen consistent growth, contributng over $12.2 billion to the country's GDP, and Vancouver has emerged as a hub for this North American boom. We're excited to be a part of this ongoing growth story."
As part of the Canadian expansion, SmartSource will have studio-specific technicians, studio contractors, and additonal support staff based in the Vancouver office. The company will offer a full suite of services including office, IT, and audio visual equipment rentals for writers and writers' rooms, pre-producton and post-producton, accountng teams, set decoraton, and talent. Its extensive technology offerings will benefit clients by reducing shipping costs, eliminatng customs delays, and providing on-the-ground support. The technical solutons, backed by SmartSource's 24/7 support, enable producton companies to rapidly scale up or down to meet project needs.
"Our success in the American entertainment industry has enabled us to build a prestgious client base," said SmartSource Sales Director, Jeremy Lyon. "The rising demand for our film and television producton solutons, partcularly in the Vancouver region, signals that this is the perfect moment for our Canadian expansion."
While maintaining a firm focus on film and television industry support, SmartSource is also extending its services to the staffing industry in Canada. Services include a full suite of IT technology solutons, event support, rental equipment, warehousing, and managed IT services including cloud-based networking.
About SmartSource®SmartSource®, an ABCOM Technology Group company, has more than 35 years of experience serving clients' business technology needs in the events, staffing, legal, government, finance, educaton, entertainment, and meetng producton industries. The company provides service throughout North America through its fully staffed and equipped offices in major metropolitan markets. SmartSource draws from its extensive inventory of IT, AV, and interactve technologies to deliver solutons as varied as computers and help desk support, office equipment for temporary spaces, or mult-story video walls for trade shows and events. Deep experience in logistcs and IT services ensure clients are covered on everything from warehousing to asset tracking, cybersecurity, and technical support. The SmartSource team is passionate about leveraging its expertse to empower clients to excel.
For more informaton, visit www.thesmartsource.com or call (844) 280-7443.