- Rose Brand, SGM, Bill Sapsis, Sapsis Rigging, and Harlequin Floors Sponsor NATEAC Events
- Kitty Halftime Show air for Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl
- Georgia Animal Actors Persents Merlin
- ESTA Launches Revamped NATEAC Website
- Mollie's Locations
- ZEISS Cinema News for February
- Seamless Fabric Backdrops up to 140ft x 16ft, Printed Floors...
- Check out all the Pioneer Gear at Astro!
- Production News & Events
- All of Your Production Supplies Gathered in Just One Place
- Meet the RED V-Raptor [X]
- Sit Back and Enjoy Some Laughs
- Mr. Location Scout Scouted and Managed Locations
Landmark Restaurant in Encino
- The White Owl Studio is celebrating all that is new!
- Last Call for NATEAC 2024 Proposals
- NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED FOR THE
- Voted Best New Stage Rigging Products at LDI 2023
- NEED MORE SPARKLE IN THE FLOOR?
- ESTA Announces 2024-2026 Board of Directors
- Welcome Back Special!
- All Tame Animals latest project airs for Mercy University
- NEW December Filming Locations available
- Rent ShowLED Drops For Brilliant Starry Night Effects
- Interwoven Studios partners with the Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild
- FILMING WITH PRODUCTION READY AVIATION EQUIPMENT
- BLUE MOON IS READY TO CLEAN
- A Big Thank You from The Location Connection
- Introducing CinCraft
- Aoki Foundation Raises for the Advancement of Neuroscience!
- SEPHORA STUDIOS
- ZEISS Cinematography News for November
- Fall Production News & Events
Three Unique Event Spaces
- Toni Maier & Team On Location, Inc.
- GLAAD Hosts Night of Song and Solidarity
- Imperial Art Studios presents Halloween In Hollywood
- SmartSource® Expands to Canada to Support TV & Film Industry
- Philippine Dark Comedy Makes International Premiere at Pacific Design Center
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED
- Ultra Greens now has over 15 acres of Plant Rentals to choose from
- Digitally Print on Opaque "Black Back" Fabric
- Rose Brand Rentals Expands to Orlando
- NATEAC 2024 Opens Request for Proposals
- Moving service local productions or long distance. Full packing. Free estimates.
- Apex Photo Studios Launches Production Services
- One Step Closer!
- LA Fashion Week is Coming!
- ZEISS Cinematography News
See you at Cine Gear Atlanta!
- Great Internet is a Bonding Experience
Fashion District Suite 301
- 25th ANNUAL EMERGING CINEMATOGRAPHER AWARDS - LOS ANGELES!
- Enhance Your Luxury Travel with Our Newest Fleet!
- Aero Mock-Ups Now Open to INDIE Creators
- GOT TIRE MARKS, GREASE OR OIL STAINS?
- Unleash Your Vision with CinePacks Studios' Virtual Production Excellence!
- Journey to the heart of Vatican City without leaving Downtown Los Angeles!
- 41 SETS Grand Coramino Tequila Ad with Kevin Hart
- Winners Announced at Tenth Annual LMGI Awards
- Manhattan's first purpose-built studio is premiering in 2025!
- Iguana Vintage Clothing opens for Production Costumes
- The Palmdale Film Stage is now Open!
- Interwoven Studios Opens Production Studio Facility
- Aim High with Accurate Aviation Mockups and Props
- Super Creative Studios Elevates Live Streaming
- ZEISS Cinematography News
- Blue Moon Cleaning Will Be Here For You
- NYX Cosmetics Launches New 'Barbie' Line at Posh Party on Sunset Strip!
- Ambulance Rentals on Medical Accuracy
- LMGI Presents "Meet the Nominees" Panels Celebrating the 10th Annual LMGI Awards
- Filming a Period Piece with Classic Aircraft or Helicopters
- Steven Spielberg to Receive the Eva Monley Award
- Register Today for Cine Gear Expo Atlanta
- Finally! Reliable, Accurate, Affordable Theatrical Automation
- Custom Dye Sublimation Printed Fabric Backdrops
- Business Owners, Get Your ERC Payroll Tax Refund
- WeCutFoam Collaborated With The Knot
- 10th ANNUAL LMGI AWARDS
- Shadowbox Studios Approved To Build Film Studio In Placerita Canyon
- Fundraising Organization Hosts Evening of Fashion, Entertainment, and Giving!
- Scroggins Aviation is open
- ZEISS acquires Ncam Technologies
- The Latest in Bonded Internet Rentals: PepLink
- WeCutFoam Creating Props for Oakland A's 50th Anniversary
- Student Discounts
- C.C. Rental Adds Refrigerated Trucks to Their Atlanta Fleet
- You're Invited!
Join us for an upcoming event
- American Mystery-Drama Anthology Series Premieres 2nd Season!
- The Absolute Location is Back Again!
- Get Expert Curtain Design, Specification and Fabrication
- Hop Ups - Fast & Dynamic
- NYX x WeHo Pride
- A Cine Gear to Remember
- Reel Monster Trucks on "Between 2 Rides"
- Our Animals are the Best in the Business
- Toni Maier & Team On Location, Inc.
- David Panfili to Appoint Michael Paul as President of Location Sound Corp.
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
Creative Handbook puts together a bi-monthly newsletter featuring up-to-date information on events, news and industry changes.
Add My Email
February 13, 2023
Honor to be Presented at 27th Annual Art Directors Guild Awards Saturday, February 18, 2023
LOS ANGELES, February 1, 2023 - The Art Directors Guild announced today that two-time Academy Award®-nominated Production Designer Lilly Kilvert will be presented with an Art Directors Guild (ADG, IATSE Local 800) Lifetime Achievement Award at the 27th Annual ADG Awards. ADG's Art Directors Council will honor Kilvert for her distinguished body of work over four decades on Saturday February 18, 2023, at the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown. The announcement was made today by Guild President Nelson Coates, ADG and Awards Producers Michael Allen Glover, ADG and Megan Elizabeth Bell, ADG. #adgawards
This is the third in a quartet of Lifetime Achievements Awards that will be presented at the ceremony, one for each of the four ADG Councils: Art Directors (AD); Set Designers and Model Makers (SDMM); Illustrators and Matte Artists (IMA); and Scenic, Title, and Graphic Artists (STG).
AD Council Chair Evan J. Rohde, ADG, said, "Lilly has designed an impressive breadth of memorable sets, from the controlled, period environments of Nychols Hytner's The Crucible to the dynamic and surging city streets of Edward Zwick's The Siege. She has also built a reputation as a strong communicator and collaborator who succeeds in balancing the beautiful with the shootable. The Guild is honored to name Lilly as the recipient of this Lifetime Achievement Award."
Production designer Lilly Kilvert has designed more than 26 feature films and three TV series over the past four decades. She has been nominated twice for an Academy Award for Best Art Direction-Set Direction-once for The Last Samurai and the second time for Legends of the Fall - both filmed with longtime collaborator director Edward Zwick. Her work on The Last Samurai was nominated by Art Directors Guild for an Excellence in Production Design Award, as was her design for The Crucible.
Cameraimage, the premiere international celebration for cinematographers, honored Kilvert with the Production Designer with Unique Visual Sensibility Award for her body of work that also includes To Live and Die in L.A., directed by William Friedkin, Valkyrie, from Bryan Singer, Strange Days, directed Kathryn Bigelow and The Siege, also with Zwick. Kilvert's TV credits include the pilot for Michael Mann's HBO series "Luck," and two seasons of the Netflix drama "Marco Polo."
As previously announced, Academy Award®-nominated filmmaker Baz Luhrmann (Elvis) and his producing partner and collaborator Academy Award- winning Catherine Martin will receive the prestigious Cinematic Imagery Award. Multi- Academy Award- winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro (Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio) will be honored with the prestigious William Cameron Menzies Award, celebrating his visually striking and emotionally rich body of work.
Michael Denering (Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Batman Returns, Jurassic Park) will be honored with an ADG Lifetime Achievement Award from Scenic, Title, and Graphic Artists (STG); Storyboard Artist Janet Kusnick (Silverado, George of the Jungle and Kill Bill 2) by the Illustrators and Matte Artists (IMA); and the Set Designers & Model Makers Council (SDMM) will be announced shortly.
The Art Directors Guild's Excellence in Production Design Awards honor excellence in production design in theatrical motion pictures, television, commercials, music videos and animated feature films. The 2023 ADG Awards will be produced by Art Director Michael Allen Glover, ADG (Station Eleven, The Alienist, Solos) and Production Designer Megan Elizabeth Bell, ADG (Out of the Blue, Breakwater, American Murderer).
ADG Awards are bestowed upon productions filmed in the U.S. by producers signatory to the IATSE agreement and upon foreign entries without restrictions. Further inquiries regarding the ADG Awards may be directed to ADG Awards & Events Director Debbie Patton at (818)762-9995 firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete list of past honorees can be found on ADG's website.
The ADG awards are proud to be sponsored by Presenting Level: Sweetwater/NEP Live Events; Premier Level: Astek Wallcovering, CAA Creative Artists Agency, Cush Light, Dazian, Netflix; Diamond Level: HBO Max, Interior Design Solutions/ Belbien,Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, Unreal Engine, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures; Platinum Level: Amazon Studios, Goodnight Productions, Innovative Artists, Pixar, Universal Studios Operations Group, WPA Worldwide Production Agency; Gold Level: WME; Silver Level: First Entertainment Credit Union, Murtha Skouras Agency; Media Sponsors: Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, The Wrap, Below the Line, SHOOTonline.
MEDIA CREDENTIALS: CLICK HERE
FOR PHOTO: CLICK HERE
LIVE STREAM: The 27th Annual ADG Awards will be held live this year and will also be Livestreamed. To register for access to the event Livestream, please click HERE.