- Our Animals are the Best in the Business
- Toni Maier & Team On Location, Inc.
- Rental Tracker
Join us at Cinegear booth 111.
- 40 YEARS OF CAR PREP GENIUS
L.A. PREP Celebrates 40 Years of Automotive Success
- Ambulance Film Rentals expands its Client services
- MOLLIE'S LOCATIONS
- Aperol Spritz Piazza Fabricated by Tractor Vision at Coachella
- 41 sets "FOOLS PARADISE" will be in theaters on May 12th
- New Film Lot
- CGLA Studios' Virtual Production Stage has some new exciting AR/VR upgrades and is booking up fast!
- CIO Views Awards Suzanne Matheson
- 'Avengers' Star Returns to the Spotlight After Making Grand Recovery
- MOLLIE'S LOCATIONS
- Spring Newsletter
Production News & Events
- Hurling Studios Presents Blair Perkins
- LCW Atlanta 2023-Picture's Up!
- Sustainability in the Industry?
- Cooke Lens Showcase
April 27th 3:30PM - 7:30PM
- Dance Floors Galore!
- Are You Ready For Summer??
New Westside Spaces for Events / Pop-ups
- Introducing the Next BIG Pioneer Controller!
- Imperial Art Studios Presents DTLA School Campus (Available April 6 - April 16)
- Riverfront Stages Announces Expansion
- Iconic Touring Spectacle Comes to LA for Another Exciting Season
- XRM Media Studios Sundance Audience Award winner "Beyond Utopia" has all the buzz
- Coffee House Industries: A New Building, New Machinery and A Larger Team
- Youth + Race Experience = Your Best New Stunt Driver
- Solar Studios X Illuminar
- What's New At PC&E Atlanta?
- Star-Studded Oscars Viewing Party Raises $9 Million for AIDS Foundation
- eTech Rentals Keeps the Crew Connected
- NantStudios Builds Groundbreaking Virtual Production Stages
- Hurling Studios supports women owned businesses in the film industry!
- Kwan, Scheinert and Polley Win Big at 2023 Writer's Guild Awards!
- Please join us for this exciting event!
- ANNOUNCING SVFF'S 2023 FILM SLATE
- SÃO PAULO CASH REBATE 20-30%
- Infinite Reality Studios: Virtual Production Ready
- Actor Joe Mantegna is Another Happy Customer ofMailbox Toluca Lake's 'Dr.Voice'
- CHARACTER FX COMPANY MASTERSFX APPOINTS SANDRA LINDALA AS VICE PRESIDENT
- Day Porter Services For Production Companies
- Introducing Eclectic/Encore Props to the International Film Community
- Bravo Celebrates Launch of Tenth Season of Hit Reality Show!
- Five Key Experiential Trends for 2023
- New Mexico Film & Television Hall of Fame Announces 2023 Inductees
- Molding Cloth
Make Fabulous Textured Designs Quickly On Site
- presenting... Urban Loft & Rooftop
- What do Francis Ford Coppola, David Fincher and M. Night Shyamalan have in common?
- ZEISS Cinematography News
- Cinevo Cinema Equipment Rentals Talks Arizona Tax Incentives With Moviemaker Magazine
- Universal Animals new feature film release - Teen Wolf: The Movie!
- Feature Film, scripted and non-scripted TV Shows...
- PRODUCTION DESIGNER LILLY KILVERT TO RECEIVE AN ADG LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Black & Cyc @DTLA Arts District Imperial Stages 2023
- MR. LOCATION SCOUT: INDUSTRY INSIGHTS New Tools for Location Scouting
- SEPHORA STUDIOS
- WeCutFoam, in Sunnyvale CA fabricating...
- LM Treasures joins the SDSA society
- Sun Valley Film Festival - Upcoming Events
- New! Opaque, Seamless Digital Prints Up To 140Ft X 16Ft
- GUILLERMO DEL TORO TO RECEIVE ART DIRECTORS GUILD
- ANGELA BASSETT TO RECEIVE THE DISTINGUISHED ARTISAN AWARD
- Trinity Vision Entertainment/Warzone Comics is releasing its Warzone Mobile Service for your next production
- LEVEL 77 MUSIC CONTINUES ITS RAPID ASCENT WITHIN THE MUSIC FOR SCREENS INDUSTRY
- California's Film and TV Tax Credit
- Rupaul's Drag Race Runner-Up Releases New Single!
- We're headed to Park City, Utah!
- ART DIRECTORS GUILD ANNOUNCES NOMINATIONS
- HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM AIRDD!
- Cine Gear Expo NY - March 10th - 11th
- VOCAL INK PRODUCTION CELEBRATES ANNIVERSARIES
- Bugsy "The Becoming"
- David Panfili to Appoint Michael Paul as President of Location Sound Corp.
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
Creative Handbook puts together a bi-monthly newsletter featuring up-to-date information on events, news and industry changes.
Add My Email
PRODUCTION DESIGNER LILLY KILVERT TO RECEIVE AN ADG LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
February 13, 2023
Honor to be Presented at 27th Annual Art Directors Guild Awards Saturday, February 18, 2023
LOS ANGELES, February 1, 2023 - The Art Directors Guild announced today that two-time Academy Award®-nominated Production Designer Lilly Kilvert will be presented with an Art Directors Guild (ADG, IATSE Local 800) Lifetime Achievement Award at the 27th Annual ADG Awards. ADG's Art Directors Council will honor Kilvert for her distinguished body of work over four decades on Saturday February 18, 2023, at the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown. The announcement was made today by Guild President Nelson Coates, ADG and Awards Producers Michael Allen Glover, ADG and Megan Elizabeth Bell, ADG. #adgawards
This is the third in a quartet of Lifetime Achievements Awards that will be presented at the ceremony, one for each of the four ADG Councils: Art Directors (AD); Set Designers and Model Makers (SDMM); Illustrators and Matte Artists (IMA); and Scenic, Title, and Graphic Artists (STG).
AD Council Chair Evan J. Rohde, ADG, said, "Lilly has designed an impressive breadth of memorable sets, from the controlled, period environments of Nychols Hytner's The Crucible to the dynamic and surging city streets of Edward Zwick's The Siege. She has also built a reputation as a strong communicator and collaborator who succeeds in balancing the beautiful with the shootable. The Guild is honored to name Lilly as the recipient of this Lifetime Achievement Award."
Production designer Lilly Kilvert has designed more than 26 feature films and three TV series over the past four decades. She has been nominated twice for an Academy Award for Best Art Direction-Set Direction-once for The Last Samurai and the second time for Legends of the Fall - both filmed with longtime collaborator director Edward Zwick. Her work on The Last Samurai was nominated by Art Directors Guild for an Excellence in Production Design Award, as was her design for The Crucible.
Cameraimage, the premiere international celebration for cinematographers, honored Kilvert with the Production Designer with Unique Visual Sensibility Award for her body of work that also includes To Live and Die in L.A., directed by William Friedkin, Valkyrie, from Bryan Singer, Strange Days, directed Kathryn Bigelow and The Siege, also with Zwick. Kilvert's TV credits include the pilot for Michael Mann's HBO series "Luck," and two seasons of the Netflix drama "Marco Polo."
As previously announced, Academy Award®-nominated filmmaker Baz Luhrmann (Elvis) and his producing partner and collaborator Academy Award- winning Catherine Martin will receive the prestigious Cinematic Imagery Award. Multi- Academy Award- winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro (Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio) will be honored with the prestigious William Cameron Menzies Award, celebrating his visually striking and emotionally rich body of work.
Michael Denering (Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Batman Returns, Jurassic Park) will be honored with an ADG Lifetime Achievement Award from Scenic, Title, and Graphic Artists (STG); Storyboard Artist Janet Kusnick (Silverado, George of the Jungle and Kill Bill 2) by the Illustrators and Matte Artists (IMA); and the Set Designers & Model Makers Council (SDMM) will be announced shortly.
The Art Directors Guild's Excellence in Production Design Awards honor excellence in production design in theatrical motion pictures, television, commercials, music videos and animated feature films. The 2023 ADG Awards will be produced by Art Director Michael Allen Glover, ADG (Station Eleven, The Alienist, Solos) and Production Designer Megan Elizabeth Bell, ADG (Out of the Blue, Breakwater, American Murderer).
ADG Awards are bestowed upon productions filmed in the U.S. by producers signatory to the IATSE agreement and upon foreign entries without restrictions. Further inquiries regarding the ADG Awards may be directed to ADG Awards & Events Director Debbie Patton at (818)762-9995 firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete list of past honorees can be found on ADG's website.
The ADG awards are proud to be sponsored by Presenting Level: Sweetwater/NEP Live Events; Premier Level: Astek Wallcovering, CAA Creative Artists Agency, Cush Light, Dazian, Netflix; Diamond Level: HBO Max, Interior Design Solutions/ Belbien,Paramount Pictures, Universal Pictures, Unreal Engine, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures; Platinum Level: Amazon Studios, Goodnight Productions, Innovative Artists, Pixar, Universal Studios Operations Group, WPA Worldwide Production Agency; Gold Level: WME; Silver Level: First Entertainment Credit Union, Murtha Skouras Agency; Media Sponsors: Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, The Wrap, Below the Line, SHOOTonline.
MEDIA CREDENTIALS: CLICK HERE
FOR PHOTO: CLICK HERE
LIVE STREAM: The 27th Annual ADG Awards will be held live this year and will also be Livestreamed. To register for access to the event Livestream, please click HERE.
ABOUT THE ART DIRECTORS GUILDEstablished in 1937, the Art Directors Guild (IATSE Local 800) represents 3,200 members who work throughout the world in film, television and theater as Production Designers and Art Directors; Scenic, Title and Graphic Artists; Set Designers and Model Makers; and Illustrators and Matte Artists. The ADG's ongoing activities include a Film Society screening series, annual "Excellence in Production Design Awards" gala, bimonthly craft magazine (PERSPECTIVE), figure drawing and other creative workshops, extensive technology and craft training programs. For the Guild's online directory and website resources, go to www.adg.org. Connect with the Art Directors Guild on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Email This Article | Print This Article