- XRM Media Studios Sundance Audience Award winner "Beyond Utopia" has all the buzz
- Coffee House Industries: A New Building, New Machinery and A Larger Team
- Youth + Race Experience = Your Best New Stunt Driver
- Solar Studios X Illuminar
- What's New At PC&E Atlanta?
- Star-Studded Oscars Viewing Party Raises $9 Million for AIDS Foundation
- eTech Rentals Keeps the Crew Connected
- NantStudios Builds Groundbreaking Virtual Production Stages
- Hurling Studios supports women owned businesses in the film industry!
- Kwan, Scheinert and Polley Win Big at 2023 Writer's Guild Awards!
- Please join us for this exciting event!
- ANNOUNCING SVFF'S 2023 FILM SLATE
- SÃO PAULO CASH REBATE 20-30%
- Infinite Reality Studios: Virtual Production Ready
- Actor Joe Mantegna is Another Happy Customer ofMailbox Toluca Lake's 'Dr.Voice'
- CHARACTER FX COMPANY MASTERSFX APPOINTS SANDRA LINDALA AS VICE PRESIDENT
- Day Porter Services For Production Companies
- Introducing Eclectic/Encore Props to the International Film Community
- Bravo Celebrates Launch of Tenth Season of Hit Reality Show!
- Five Key Experiential Trends for 2023
- New Mexico Film & Television Hall of Fame Announces 2023 Inductees
- Molding Cloth
Make Fabulous Textured Designs Quickly On Site
- presenting... Urban Loft & Rooftop
- What do Francis Ford Coppola, David Fincher and M. Night Shyamalan have in common?
- ZEISS Cinematography News
- Cinevo Cinema Equipment Rentals Talks Arizona Tax Incentives With Moviemaker Magazine
- Universal Animals new feature film release - Teen Wolf: The Movie!
- Feature Film, scripted and non-scripted TV Shows...
- PRODUCTION DESIGNER LILLY KILVERT TO RECEIVE AN ADG LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Black & Cyc @DTLA Arts District Imperial Stages 2023
- MR. LOCATION SCOUT: INDUSTRY INSIGHTS New Tools for Location Scouting
- SEPHORA STUDIOS
- WeCutFoam, in Sunnyvale CA fabricating...
- LM Treasures joins the SDSA society
- Sun Valley Film Festival - Upcoming Events
- New! Opaque, Seamless Digital Prints Up To 140Ft X 16Ft
- GUILLERMO DEL TORO TO RECEIVE ART DIRECTORS GUILD
- ANGELA BASSETT TO RECEIVE THE DISTINGUISHED ARTISAN AWARD
- Trinity Vision Entertainment/Warzone Comics is releasing its Warzone Mobile Service for your next production
- LEVEL 77 MUSIC CONTINUES ITS RAPID ASCENT WITHIN THE MUSIC FOR SCREENS INDUSTRY
- California's Film and TV Tax Credit
- Rupaul's Drag Race Runner-Up Releases New Single!
- We're headed to Park City, Utah!
- ART DIRECTORS GUILD ANNOUNCES NOMINATIONS
- HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM AIRDD!
- Cine Gear Expo NY - March 10th - 11th
- VOCAL INK PRODUCTION CELEBRATES ANNIVERSARIES
- Bugsy "The Becoming"
- David Panfili to Appoint Michael Paul as President of Location Sound Corp.
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
Creative Handbook puts together a bi-monthly newsletter featuring up-to-date information on events, news and industry changes.
Add My Email
ANGELA BASSETT TO RECEIVE THE DISTINGUISHED ARTISAN AWARD AT 2023 MAKE-UP ARTISTS & HAIR STYLISTS GUILD AWARDS
January 26, 2023
Celebrating the 10th Anniversary, MUAHS Awards Slated for Feb. 11, 2023
LOS ANGELES, CA (January 16, 2023) - The Make-up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild (MUAHS) announced today that actress, director, and executive producer Angela Bassett will be honored with the 2023 Distinguished Artisan Award. She will accept the honor at the Annual MUAHS Awards, celebrating the 10th Anniversary and presented by Dyson and HASK® Beauty, on Saturday, February 11, 2023, at The Beverly Hilton. The announcement was made today by Julie Socash, President of IATSE Local 706. Bassett is most recently acclaimed for her creative work on Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, for which she has received a Golden Globe Award and a SAG Award nomination, in addition to the hit primetime television drama "9-1-1."
"Local 706 wishes to show its appreciation to Angela Bassett, who has portrayed amazingly iconic women we can all relate to. She boldly collaborates with her 706 make-up and hair teams to extend their imaginations and develop magical but always relatable characters you will remember forever - from the beloved Queen Ramonda to feisty Tina Turner to Bernadine in Waiting to Exhale. We couldn't think of a better person to help us celebrate our 10th anniversary," said Socash.
The Distinguished Artisan Award will celebrate the prolific spectrum of Bassett's versatile career on screen and television. The award honors talent that has created memorable characters throughout their career, richly enhanced by the consistent collaboration of make-up and hair styling artistry. Previous legendary recipients include Jon Favreau, Eddie Murphy, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Ryan Murphy, Dick Smith, Guillermo del Toro, Sir Patrick Stewart, Melissa McCarthy, and Gary Oldman.
ANGELA BASSETT is an actress, director, and executive producer known for captivating, emotionally tinged performances full of dignity in treasured films such as Waiting To Exhale, How Stella Got Her Groove Back, and the Tina Turner biopic What's Love Got To Do With It, for which she received an Academy Award nomination. She played the beloved Queen Ramonda in Marvel Studios' Black Panther and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, for which she recently won a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress. She recently wrapped production on the Netflix Originals feature film, Damsel, opposite Millie Bobby Brown.
Her other notable film roles were in Mission: Impossible - Fallout, Malcolm X, Notorious, Green Lantern, Waiting to Exhale, Contact, Music of the Heart, Bumble Bee, Olympus Has Fallen, and London Has Fallen, among many others.
Angela is the recipient of numerous accolades, including two Golden Globe Awards, in addition to nominations for an Academy Award and seven Primetime Emmy Awards, and is the recipient of two SAG Awards, 11 NAACP Image Awards, a coveted star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and a Black Girls Rock! Icon Award. She was also nominated for a Directors Guild of America Award for her directorial debut of the Whitney Houston biopic Whitney and directed episodes in the popular horror anthology series "American Horror Story."
Other recent projects include Disney/Pixar's Academy Award-winning animated feature Soul, for which she lent her melodious voice for the character, Dorothea Williams; feature films Otherhood and Gunpowder Milkshake from Netflix; and The Flood from National Geographic, for which she received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Narrator. Bassett was also nominated for two Emmys for performances in "The Imagineering Story: The Happiest Place on Earth" and for "A Black Lady Sketch Show." Additional stellar credits include "The Rosa Parks Story," "American Horror Story" and "Master of None." Bassett began producing and starring as an LAPD patrol sergeant in the drama series "9-1-1."
Apple Original Films announced the documentary feature, Number One on the Call Sheet: Black Leading Women in Hollywood, to be directed by Shola Lynch with Bassett and Halle Berry on board as executive producers and will debut globally on AppleTV+.
She was recently honored by Glamour's Women of the Year Awards and received a Critics Choice Documentary Award for Best Narration of Good Night Oppy and the Critics Choice Celebration of Black Cinema & Television Career Achievement Award.
Angela and her husband, Courtney B. Vance, are the principals of their production company, Bassett Vance Productions, which has a partnership with Paramount's MTV Entertainment Group's development program for BIPOC and women filmmakers. Their first project "One Thousand Years of Slavery" aired in February 2022 on the Smithsonian Channel.
The 10th Anniversary MUAHS Awards will be hosted by Melissa Peterman. As previously announced, Oscar and Emmy-winning make-up artist Steve La Porte (Beetlejuice, Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock, and Terminator 2 & 3), and Emmy-winning hair stylist Josée Normand (Star Trek: Voyager, Die Hard and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl), will receive the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Awards. Emmy -winning make-up artist Fred C. Blau Jr. (The Illustrated Man, Tattoo, Apocalypse Now, and Planet of the Apes) joins Emmy-winning hair stylist Judy Crown (Seinfeld, Houdini, Geppetto, Murphy Brown, and Moonlighting) as recipients of the esteemed Vanguard Awards.
The 10th Annual MUAHS Awards are proudly sponsored by Presenting Level: Dyson, HASK® Beauty; Premier Level: Nigel Beauty; Platinum Level: BigMack Trailers, IATSE Local 798, LeMieux Skin Care, Olaplex; Gold Level: QMS Medicosmetics; Silver Level: Cinema Secrets, Date My Make-up, Floral Street, IATSE, Moonplay Cosmetics, Premiere Products, Inc, RCMA Makeup, Skin Illustrator, Skindinavia; Gift Bag Sponsors: Ardell, Beauty Blender, Benefit Cosmetics, Brush Off, Charlotte Tilbury, Cinema Secrets, Date My Make-up, Elemis, HASK® Beauty, Haus Labs, ICONIC London, Kiss New York Professional, Lisa Eldridge, LeMieux Skin Care, Lumify®, Moonplay Cosmetics, Olaplex, OMNIA® Brushes, RCMA Makeup, Red by Kiss, Saint Jane, SeSpring Skin Care, Skindinavia, The Rebbe Mat, Wrinkles Schminkles; Media Sponsors: The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, SHOOTonline, Discover Hollywood, The Powder Group.
Returning as producers of this year's MUAHS Awards (#MUAHSawards) are IngleDodd Media and Erick Weiss of Honeysweet Creative. Further inquiries regarding the MUAHS Awards should be directed to Sue Cabral-Ebert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: Twitter Instagram. TikTok
ABOUT LOCAL 706The Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild (IATSE, Local 706) was chartered in November 1937. Today, their diverse membership includes over 2,300 artisans in the entertainment industry worldwide. Local 706 members are make-up artists and hair stylists who have created the looks for Hollywood's most memorable characters and stars of stage, screen, television and now the internet. The wide-ranging domains of these artists include feature films and television, commercials, "live" network television, all types of theatrical productions and Disneyland theme parks. Local 706 Members have created notable characters competing for Academy Awards®, Primetime Emmys®, Daytime Emmys®, Saturn Awards®, BAFTA Awards®, and many other honors for make-up and hair styling artistry including their own Make-up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards. The Local 706 Guild publishes The Artisan, a glossy quarterly magazine, and provides panels, workshops and training both for members and others interested in the field to foster a spirit of innovation in the craft. For more info, visit http://local706.org/ or get #MUAHSawards updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Email This Article | Print This Article