- Apex Photo Studios Launches Production Services
- One Step Closer!
- LA Fashion Week is Coming!
- ZEISS Cinematography News
See you at Cine Gear Atlanta!
- Great Internet is a Bonding Experience
Fashion District Suite 301
- 25th ANNUAL EMERGING CINEMATOGRAPHER AWARDS - LOS ANGELES!
- Enhance Your Luxury Travel with Our Newest Fleet!
- Aero Mock-Ups Now Open to INDIE Creators
- GOT TIRE MARKS, GREASE OR OIL STAINS?
- Unleash Your Vision with CinePacks Studios' Virtual Production Excellence!
- Journey to the heart of Vatican City without leaving Downtown Los Angeles!
- 41 SETS Grand Coramino Tequila Ad with Kevin Hart
- Winners Announced at Tenth Annual LMGI Awards
- Manhattan's first purpose-built studio is premiering in 2025!
- Iguana Vintage Clothing opens for Production Costumes
- The Palmdale Film Stage is now Open!
- Interwoven Studios Opens Production Studio Facility
- Aim High with Accurate Aviation Mockups and Props
- Super Creative Studios Elevates Live Streaming
- ZEISS Cinematography News
- Blue Moon Cleaning Will Be Here For You
- NYX Cosmetics Launches New 'Barbie' Line at Posh Party on Sunset Strip!
- Ambulance Rentals on Medical Accuracy
- LMGI Presents "Meet the Nominees" Panels Celebrating the 10th Annual LMGI Awards
- Filming a Period Piece with Classic Aircraft or Helicopters
- Steven Spielberg to Receive the Eva Monley Award
- Register Today for Cine Gear Expo Atlanta
- Finally! Reliable, Accurate, Affordable Theatrical Automation
- Custom Dye Sublimation Printed Fabric Backdrops
- Business Owners, Get Your ERC Payroll Tax Refund
- WeCutFoam Collaborated With The Knot
- 10th ANNUAL LMGI AWARDS
- Shadowbox Studios Approved To Build Film Studio In Placerita Canyon
- Fundraising Organization Hosts Evening of Fashion, Entertainment, and Giving!
- SmartSource® Expands to Canada to Support TV & Film Industry
- Scroggins Aviation is open
- ZEISS acquires Ncam Technologies
- The Latest in Bonded Internet Rentals: PepLink
- WeCutFoam Creating Props for Oakland A's 50th Anniversary
- Student Discounts
- C.C. Rental Adds Refrigerated Trucks to Their Atlanta Fleet
- You're Invited!
Join us for an upcoming event
- American Mystery-Drama Anthology Series Premieres 2nd Season!
- The Absolute Location is Back Again!
- Get Expert Curtain Design, Specification and Fabrication
- Hop Ups - Fast & Dynamic
- NYX x WeHo Pride
- A Cine Gear to Remember
- Reel Monster Trucks on "Between 2 Rides"
- Our Animals are the Best in the Business
- Toni Maier & Team On Location, Inc.
- David Panfili to Appoint Michael Paul as President of Location Sound Corp.
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
Creative Handbook puts together a bi-monthly newsletter featuring up-to-date information on events, news and industry changes.
Add My Email
ANGELA BASSETT TO RECEIVE THE DISTINGUISHED ARTISAN AWARD AT 2023 MAKE-UP ARTISTS & HAIR STYLISTS GUILD AWARDS
January 26, 2023
Celebrating the 10th Anniversary, MUAHS Awards Slated for Feb. 11, 2023
LOS ANGELES, CA (January 16, 2023) - The Make-up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild (MUAHS) announced today that actress, director, and executive producer Angela Bassett will be honored with the 2023 Distinguished Artisan Award. She will accept the honor at the Annual MUAHS Awards, celebrating the 10th Anniversary and presented by Dyson and HASK® Beauty, on Saturday, February 11, 2023, at The Beverly Hilton. The announcement was made today by Julie Socash, President of IATSE Local 706. Bassett is most recently acclaimed for her creative work on Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, for which she has received a Golden Globe Award and a SAG Award nomination, in addition to the hit primetime television drama "9-1-1."
"Local 706 wishes to show its appreciation to Angela Bassett, who has portrayed amazingly iconic women we can all relate to. She boldly collaborates with her 706 make-up and hair teams to extend their imaginations and develop magical but always relatable characters you will remember forever - from the beloved Queen Ramonda to feisty Tina Turner to Bernadine in Waiting to Exhale. We couldn't think of a better person to help us celebrate our 10th anniversary," said Socash.
The Distinguished Artisan Award will celebrate the prolific spectrum of Bassett's versatile career on screen and television. The award honors talent that has created memorable characters throughout their career, richly enhanced by the consistent collaboration of make-up and hair styling artistry. Previous legendary recipients include Jon Favreau, Eddie Murphy, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Ryan Murphy, Dick Smith, Guillermo del Toro, Sir Patrick Stewart, Melissa McCarthy, and Gary Oldman.
ANGELA BASSETT is an actress, director, and executive producer known for captivating, emotionally tinged performances full of dignity in treasured films such as Waiting To Exhale, How Stella Got Her Groove Back, and the Tina Turner biopic What's Love Got To Do With It, for which she received an Academy Award nomination. She played the beloved Queen Ramonda in Marvel Studios' Black Panther and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, for which she recently won a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress. She recently wrapped production on the Netflix Originals feature film, Damsel, opposite Millie Bobby Brown.
Her other notable film roles were in Mission: Impossible - Fallout, Malcolm X, Notorious, Green Lantern, Waiting to Exhale, Contact, Music of the Heart, Bumble Bee, Olympus Has Fallen, and London Has Fallen, among many others.
Angela is the recipient of numerous accolades, including two Golden Globe Awards, in addition to nominations for an Academy Award and seven Primetime Emmy Awards, and is the recipient of two SAG Awards, 11 NAACP Image Awards, a coveted star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and a Black Girls Rock! Icon Award. She was also nominated for a Directors Guild of America Award for her directorial debut of the Whitney Houston biopic Whitney and directed episodes in the popular horror anthology series "American Horror Story."
Other recent projects include Disney/Pixar's Academy Award-winning animated feature Soul, for which she lent her melodious voice for the character, Dorothea Williams; feature films Otherhood and Gunpowder Milkshake from Netflix; and The Flood from National Geographic, for which she received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Narrator. Bassett was also nominated for two Emmys for performances in "The Imagineering Story: The Happiest Place on Earth" and for "A Black Lady Sketch Show." Additional stellar credits include "The Rosa Parks Story," "American Horror Story" and "Master of None." Bassett began producing and starring as an LAPD patrol sergeant in the drama series "9-1-1."
Apple Original Films announced the documentary feature, Number One on the Call Sheet: Black Leading Women in Hollywood, to be directed by Shola Lynch with Bassett and Halle Berry on board as executive producers and will debut globally on AppleTV+.
She was recently honored by Glamour's Women of the Year Awards and received a Critics Choice Documentary Award for Best Narration of Good Night Oppy and the Critics Choice Celebration of Black Cinema & Television Career Achievement Award.
Angela and her husband, Courtney B. Vance, are the principals of their production company, Bassett Vance Productions, which has a partnership with Paramount's MTV Entertainment Group's development program for BIPOC and women filmmakers. Their first project "One Thousand Years of Slavery" aired in February 2022 on the Smithsonian Channel.
The 10th Anniversary MUAHS Awards will be hosted by Melissa Peterman. As previously announced, Oscar and Emmy-winning make-up artist Steve La Porte (Beetlejuice, Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock, and Terminator 2 & 3), and Emmy-winning hair stylist Josée Normand (Star Trek: Voyager, Die Hard and Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl), will receive the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Awards. Emmy -winning make-up artist Fred C. Blau Jr. (The Illustrated Man, Tattoo, Apocalypse Now, and Planet of the Apes) joins Emmy-winning hair stylist Judy Crown (Seinfeld, Houdini, Geppetto, Murphy Brown, and Moonlighting) as recipients of the esteemed Vanguard Awards.
The 10th Annual MUAHS Awards are proudly sponsored by Presenting Level: Dyson, HASK® Beauty; Premier Level: Nigel Beauty; Platinum Level: BigMack Trailers, IATSE Local 798, LeMieux Skin Care, Olaplex; Gold Level: QMS Medicosmetics; Silver Level: Cinema Secrets, Date My Make-up, Floral Street, IATSE, Moonplay Cosmetics, Premiere Products, Inc, RCMA Makeup, Skin Illustrator, Skindinavia; Gift Bag Sponsors: Ardell, Beauty Blender, Benefit Cosmetics, Brush Off, Charlotte Tilbury, Cinema Secrets, Date My Make-up, Elemis, HASK® Beauty, Haus Labs, ICONIC London, Kiss New York Professional, Lisa Eldridge, LeMieux Skin Care, Lumify®, Moonplay Cosmetics, Olaplex, OMNIA® Brushes, RCMA Makeup, Red by Kiss, Saint Jane, SeSpring Skin Care, Skindinavia, The Rebbe Mat, Wrinkles Schminkles; Media Sponsors: The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, SHOOTonline, Discover Hollywood, The Powder Group.
Returning as producers of this year's MUAHS Awards (#MUAHSawards) are IngleDodd Media and Erick Weiss of Honeysweet Creative. Further inquiries regarding the MUAHS Awards should be directed to Sue Cabral-Ebert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: Twitter Instagram. TikTok