- NEW December Filming Locations available
- Rent ShowLED Drops For Brilliant Starry Night Effects
- Interwoven Studios partners with the Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild
- FILMING WITH PRODUCTION READY AVIATION EQUIPMENT
- BLUE MOON IS READY TO CLEAN
- A Big Thank You from The Location Connection
- Introducing CinCraft
- Aoki Foundation Raises for the Advancement of Neuroscience!
- SEPHORA STUDIOS
- ZEISS Cinematography News for November
- Fall Production News & Events
Three Unique Event Spaces
- Toni Maier & Team On Location, Inc.
- GLAAD Hosts Night of Song and Solidarity
- Imperial Art Studios presents Halloween In Hollywood
- SmartSource® Expands to Canada to Support TV & Film Industry
- Philippine Dark Comedy Makes International Premiere at Pacific Design Center
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED
- Ultra Greens now has over 15 acres of Plant Rentals to choose from
- Digitally Print on Opaque "Black Back" Fabric
- Rose Brand Rentals Expands to Orlando
- NATEAC 2024 Opens Request for Proposals
- Moving service local productions or long distance. Full packing. Free estimates.
- Apex Photo Studios Launches Production Services
- One Step Closer!
- LA Fashion Week is Coming!
- ZEISS Cinematography News
See you at Cine Gear Atlanta!
- Great Internet is a Bonding Experience
Fashion District Suite 301
- 25th ANNUAL EMERGING CINEMATOGRAPHER AWARDS - LOS ANGELES!
- Enhance Your Luxury Travel with Our Newest Fleet!
- Aero Mock-Ups Now Open to INDIE Creators
- GOT TIRE MARKS, GREASE OR OIL STAINS?
- Unleash Your Vision with CinePacks Studios' Virtual Production Excellence!
- Journey to the heart of Vatican City without leaving Downtown Los Angeles!
- 41 SETS Grand Coramino Tequila Ad with Kevin Hart
- Winners Announced at Tenth Annual LMGI Awards
- Manhattan's first purpose-built studio is premiering in 2025!
- Iguana Vintage Clothing opens for Production Costumes
- The Palmdale Film Stage is now Open!
- Interwoven Studios Opens Production Studio Facility
- Aim High with Accurate Aviation Mockups and Props
- Super Creative Studios Elevates Live Streaming
- ZEISS Cinematography News
- Blue Moon Cleaning Will Be Here For You
- NYX Cosmetics Launches New 'Barbie' Line at Posh Party on Sunset Strip!
- Ambulance Rentals on Medical Accuracy
- LMGI Presents "Meet the Nominees" Panels Celebrating the 10th Annual LMGI Awards
- Filming a Period Piece with Classic Aircraft or Helicopters
- Steven Spielberg to Receive the Eva Monley Award
- Register Today for Cine Gear Expo Atlanta
- Finally! Reliable, Accurate, Affordable Theatrical Automation
- Custom Dye Sublimation Printed Fabric Backdrops
- Business Owners, Get Your ERC Payroll Tax Refund
- WeCutFoam Collaborated With The Knot
- 10th ANNUAL LMGI AWARDS
- Shadowbox Studios Approved To Build Film Studio In Placerita Canyon
- Fundraising Organization Hosts Evening of Fashion, Entertainment, and Giving!
- Scroggins Aviation is open
- ZEISS acquires Ncam Technologies
- The Latest in Bonded Internet Rentals: PepLink
- WeCutFoam Creating Props for Oakland A's 50th Anniversary
- Student Discounts
- C.C. Rental Adds Refrigerated Trucks to Their Atlanta Fleet
- You're Invited!
Join us for an upcoming event
- American Mystery-Drama Anthology Series Premieres 2nd Season!
- The Absolute Location is Back Again!
- Get Expert Curtain Design, Specification and Fabrication
- Hop Ups - Fast & Dynamic
- NYX x WeHo Pride
- A Cine Gear to Remember
- Reel Monster Trucks on "Between 2 Rides"
- Our Animals are the Best in the Business
- Toni Maier & Team On Location, Inc.
- David Panfili to Appoint Michael Paul as President of Location Sound Corp.
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
Creative Handbook puts together a bi-monthly newsletter featuring up-to-date information on events, news and industry changes.
Add My Email
July 26, 2023
Location Managers Guild International Awards Gala Set for Saturday, August 26, 2023
HOLLYWOOD, July 24, 2023 - The Location Managers Guild International (LMGI) will honor The Creative Coalition with the LMGI Humanitarian Award at the 10th Annual LMGI Awards on Saturday, August 26, 2023, at The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage in Santa Monica. The award recognizes The Creative Coalition's commitment to using Arts and Entertainment to advocate for social change. The announcement was made by LMGI Awards Committee Co-Chairs John Rakich, LMGI President, and Robin Citrin, Supervising Location Manager. This year also marks the LMGI's 20th anniversary.
"The arts have always been a powerful force for social change, and the LMGI is proud to recognize The Creative Coalition as an active social and public advocacy organization that capitalizes on its diverse membership from all facets of the entertainment industry to make a difference in the world," said Rakich.
The Creative Coalition is the premier nonprofit, nonpartisan social and public advocacy leadership organization of the Arts and Entertainment community. Founded in 1989 by prominent members of the creative community, The Creative Coalition is a membership organization of arts and entertainment industry leaders dedicated to educating, mobilizing, and activating on issues of public importance. Actor Tim Daly serves as the organization's President.
Some of the important initiatives that The Creative Coalition has focused on this year include Arts Day on Capitol Hill, the annual Washington, DC advocacy day that focuses national policymakers' attention on the efficacy of public funding for arts in education and arts in communities; Public Service Campaigns that use the unique megaphone of the entertainment industry to educate and mobilize key constituencies on healthcare and other social welfare issues; Spotlight Initiative that recognizes and supports extraordinary independent feature films and documentaries; Television Humanitarian Awards that honor significant executives, creatives and talent in television who use their unique positions in the entertainment industry to make positive impacts on the most pressing domestic and global issues; Diversity Gap Funding Initiative to create and support a pipeline for the next generation of entertainment industry leaders.
The LMGI Humanitarian Award is given to an individual or organization that has made significant contributions to the betterment of society. The LMGI Awards honor the outstanding and creative visual contributions by location professionals in film, television, and commercials from around the globe. Outstanding Service by a Film Commission is also recognized for its support for going "above and beyond" during the production process. For a list of 2023 LMGI Awards nominees, visit: click here.
As previously announced, Location Scout and LMGI founding member, Beth Tate (Twilight, Beverly Hills 90210) will receive this year's Trailblazer Award. Veteran Location Manager Dow Griffith (Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Jumanji, And Justice for All,) will receive this year's Lifetime Achievement Award. This year's awards are produced by Erick Weiss, Honeysweet Creative, and IngleDodd Media.
The Title sponsors of the LMGI Awards are the Polish Film Institute and Studio Air + Power. Additional proud sponsors include Diamond: Fox Studio Lot; Platinum: Universal Production Services; Gold: Directors Guild of Canada, British Columbia; Directors Guild of Canada, Ontario; Film Liaisons in California Statewide (FLICS), Honolulu Film Office, ON-SET Disposals, Pacific Production Services, Pacific Traffic Control, Riverside County Film Commission, Teamsters Local 399, Trilith Studios, William F. White International Inc.; Silver: Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, Giggster, Hollywood Locations, Los Angeles Center Studios, Mat Men, San Antonio Film Commission, Westchester County NY Tourism & Film; Bronze: Hotel ERWIN, Inland Empire Film Services, Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, Menifee Film Office, Palihotel Culver City, Palihotel Westwood Village, Savannah Regional Film Commission, Solar Studios, Viceroy Santa Monica, Wrigley Media Group; Media Sponsors: The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, SHOOT Magazine|SHOOTonline, The Location Guide.
The Location Managers Guild International/LMGI is a global organization of career location professionals in the motion picture, television, commercial and print production industries dedicated to upholding the highest ethical standards. Through local commitment and international strength, we support strong relationships between production and government agencies, businesses, and communities. We promote awareness of our place in the entertainment industry as indispensable creative collaborators through a variety of innovative programs. The LMGI was founded in 2003 as a 501(c)(6), non-profit corporation as the LMGA and rebranded in 2016 to reflect its growing international membership. The LMGI is not a labor union and does not represent Location Managers/Scouts in wage or working condition negotiations. For more information about #LMGI and the #LMGIawards, visit www.LocationManagers.org or follow the LMGI on Facebook (@TheLMGI), Instagram (@locationmanagersguild), and Twitter (@TheLMGI).
For more information about The Creative Coalition, visit www.TheCreativeCoalition.org. Connect with social media at Facebook @TheCreativeCoalition, Twitter @TheCreativeC, TikTok (@thecreativecoalition) and Instagram @thecreativecoalition.