- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Advantage Video Systems | June 13, 2014
Mac-based system provides an integrated solution for dailies processing, editorial and more in a mobile package.
Advantage Video Systems has introduced 4Kase, a new mobile, post-production and editing system for use on-set. The groundbreaking workflow solution, first demonstrated at NAB, was formally launched at the recent Cine Gear Expo in Hollywood where it drew intense interest from production and post-production professionals.
Based on a high-performance Mac Pro workstation, 4Kase offers the ability to input and output 4K data from most popular digital cinema cameras and perform such tasks as dailies processing, media back-up, color management and editing-all from a fully integrated system small enough to fit in the trunk of a car.
4Kase is unlike any on-set dailies system currently on the market. "We've built a better mousetrap," says Advantage Video Systems principal Jeffrey Stansfield. "4Kase replaces rack-mount DIT carts that are bulky, costly to ship and difficult to operate. It is smaller, faster and lighter, and can be configured to meet the needs of individual production workflows. 4Kase provides a streamlined workflow that carries the creative intent of directors and DPs from the set through final post."
Attendees at Cine Gear were effusive in their praise for the new system. Asylum Entertainment's David Cortus called it "one of the most remarkable innovations at the show!" Paul Rice, Media Producers International, echoed those sentiments, saying, "This is exactly what this industry is been looking for."
4Kase includes a 2014 Apple Mac Pro workstation capable of running most current software for dailies processing, color management, media back-up and editorial. It supports the latest cameras made by Sony, Arri, RED, Canon and Black Magic Design. Key features include a built-in high resolution monitor, up to 16 TB of onboard storage, two LTO-6 drives, SAS RAID-5, a multi-cam reader, Thunderbolt expansion slots, and cooling and power management tools. All of that is custom fitted into a rugged transport case designed to stand-up to the rigors of location production, and yet small and light enough to be checked as airline luggage.
Advantage Video Systems' development partners include Apple, HP, Magma, RED, Tolis Group, SKB Corporation and Black Magic Design. The system has undergone extensive beta-testing with a variety of camera systems and under a range of operating conditions.
Advantage Video Systems is a systems integrator servicing the film, television, broadcast and streaming media industries. It offers solutions for cameras and lighting, editorial, networking, control rooms and sound. Its clients range from major studios and broadcasters to independent film and television producers and streaming media content creators.
Advantage Video Systems is headquartered at 101 N. Victory Blvd. #236, Burbank, CA 91502. For further information, call (800) 287-5095 or visit www.advantagevideosystems.com.