- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Location Sound Corp. | May 9, 2014
Location Sound completed their largest Q1 sale to Sony Picture Studio's Culver City, CA, which is undergoing a revamp of its production facility. Sony's purchase of eight live sound consoles-five Soundcraft Vi4s, one Soundcraft Vi6, and two Yamaha CL5s- will be used for audience sound reinforcement as well as recording of production dialog.
Sony's choice of Soundcraft Vi4 and Vi6 consoles carries forward some continuity as the company had employed earlier analog models of Soundcraft Series FIVE consoles. Aside from the consoles' smaller footprint and extensive modern features, upgrading to the latest digital models allows them to tap into the extensive fiber optic and Dante network that is instlled between stages and studios in the complex.
Val Asuncion, Location Sound's Assistant Sales Manager, has been working with the Sony revamp project since November 2013. "The consoles are part of Sony's production sound packages that are rented for various shows produced on the Sony lot, as well as other lots around Southern California. Since they were familiar with the sound and ergonomics of Soundcraft consoles, the Vi Series seemed a perfect fit", Val said. Soundcraft's Tom Der points out the long-standing relationship Location Sound has with Sony "made them the natural go-to vendor" for the deal.
Sony also had specific integration requirements for the Yamaha consoles used on the stage where Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune were taped. For this reason, Jonathan Peirson, Yamaha's District Manager, brought in twoYamaha CL5s and Rio stageboxes, a system that offered the best solution for integrating with the existing infrastructure. Since the consoles will be used in portable applications on stages with frequent changes, its ease of use, size, and features-such as scene memory and networking capabilities-played heavily into the buying decision.
"Location Sound has been on the forefront of showing products that work on a Dante network. And having recently become a Yamaha CL dealer, we partnered with them to show these capabilities on the consoles. It turned out to be perfect timing as Sony was looking to upgrade to consoles that would support a Dante network", said Peirson.
David A. Panfili, Location Sound's CEO says "Sony's complex system integration requirements also serve to reinforce our commitment to aligning ourselves with technologies that advance and enhance our clients' sound recording capabilities."
About Location Sound Corporation
Location Sound opened its doors in January of 1977 with a mission to be the one-stop facility for production sound mixers for all their sales, rental, and equipment service needs. More than 37 years later, the client roster now also includes production companies, broadcast companies, law enforcement and private security firms, universities, houses of worship, government agencies, and more. Location Sound is known for its excellent customer service and unparalleled depth of inventory: No matter the industry, Location Sound remains committed to providing sound professionals the equipment they need for their critical recording needs, while delivering unmatched support services before and after the sale.