- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Boomerang Carnet | March 20, 2014
Videographers, Crews Get Reminders & Nudges During Travel Overseas
Boomerang carnets released a new Smartphone application that will help ATA Carnet users remember how and when to use their international temporary export document while en route. It is available for testing by carnet users traveling with hand-carried equipment such as video cameras, musical instruments or sales samples. The application, called Carnet Valet, is available at no cost for Android (Google Play Store) and iOS (iPhone App Store) operating systems on mobile telephones.
The Carnet Valet is designed to support a user while traveling with hand-carried ATA Carnet goods or equipment. Once the QR code from the carnet is scanned into the app, the ATA Carnet details, including the General List, is captured by the app. The user adds his/her itinerary and the app is ready to serve as a reminder tool along the way. It knows when the user:
®needs to activate the carnet,
®approaches an airport,
®requires carnet validation,
®deviates from the itinerary,
®enters a new country, and
®is low on certificates.
It pushes reminders to the user upon each of these triggers. The app can also track split shipments to make it easier to manage items as they are separated and then reconstituted.
"This is the first app designed for carnet users. By pushing messages triggered by their location and itinerary to users, we can accurately remind them of what they need to do next with the document to be compliant. This has the potential to significantly reduce problems due to simply forgetting to get the carnet validated at a point during the journey," commented Curt Wilson, President.
Carnet users interested in testing the Carnet Valet can contact Jackie Dalgleish. A user who successfully completes the feedback form will be given a $50 Amex gift card.
Boomerang carnets ' Corporation for International Business issued 7,100 ATA Carnets in 2013 for a total merchandise value of $2.35B. They were the first ATA Carnet Service Provider to develop electronic and online carnet applications.
For additional information:
Leslie August, 847.852.3103 office, 650.391.7759 cell, email:Leslie@ATACarnet.com