- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: International Guild Cinematographers | January 21, 2014
The Publicists of the International Cinematographers Guild (IATSE Local 600) have announced nominees for the Maxwell Weinberg Publicist Showmanship Awards, with the winners to be announced at the Publicists' 51st Annual Awards Luncheon at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel on Friday, February 28.
Nominees for the Maxwell Weinberg Publicist Showmanship Award for Motion Pictures are the union publicists who worked on American Hustle (Sony Pictures); Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Paramount Pictures); Despicable Me 2 (Universal Pictures); Gravity (Warner Bros.); Saving Mr. Banks (Walt Disney Studios); and The Heat (Fox).
The nominees for the Television category are American Horror Story: Coven (20th Century Fox Television); The Crazy Ones (20th Century Fox Television); Glee (20th Century Fox Television); The Good Wife (CBS Television Studios); and How I Met Your Mother (20th Century Fox Television).
Other awards to be presented are the Press Award; the International Media Award; the Les Mason Award, given to a publicist for lifetime achievement; and the Bob Yeager Award, which recognizes significant community service.
Previously announced are the Motion Picture Showmanship Award to be given to Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger, co-chairs of Lionsgate Motion Picture Group; the Television Showmanship Award, Shonda Rhimes; and the Lifetime Achievement Award being presented to Jerry Lewis by Carol Burnett.
About the International Cinematographers Guild:
The International Cinematographers Guild (IATSE Local 600) represents more than 7,000 members who work in film, television and commercials as Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Visual Effects Supervisors, Still Photographers, Camera Assistants, Film Loaders, all members of camera crews and Publicists. The first cinematographers union was established in New York in 1926, followed by unions in Los Angeles and Chicago, but it wasn't until 1996 that Local 600 was born as a national guild. ICG's ongoing activities include the Emerging Cinematographer Awards and the Publicists Awards Luncheon. The Guild also publishes the award-winning ICG Magazine. www.cameraguild.com
Facebook: ICG: International Cinematographers Guild (IATSE Local 600)