- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: PLASA | November 13, 2013
PLASA has just announced that Rocky Paulson will receive its highest honor, the Eva Swan Award, which recognizes exceptional long-term commitment to the association. The award will be presented at PLASA's annual Cocktail and Awards Reception on Thursday evening, November 21st the evening before the LDI Show. The event will take place from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Las Vegas Hotel (formerly the Las Vegas Hilton).
Rocky is being honored for his significant contributions to two of PLASA's most important programs, the Technical Standards Program and the Entertainment Technician Certification Program. Rocky was one of the original members of the Rigging Working Group and authored the first draft of PLASA's first American National Standard E1.1 for wire rope ladders. He has been involved in the development of many rigging standards since then. Rocky's participation was critical to the creation of ETCP where he served as a co-chair of the Rigging Subject Matter Experts and a founding member of the ETCP Council.
The Swan Award is presented to a member who has put forth exceptional efforts in time, expertise and personal resources, and has been instrumental in shaping the strategic direction and contributing to the realization of the association's mission. Rocky Paulson has gone above and beyond this criteria to create a safer, better industry for all. Please join us in honoring him.
Tickets are still available for the 2013 Cocktail and Awards Reception celebrating the best of the industry with the presentation of the Rock Our World Awards. Tickets are currently $60 per person, or $50 per person for groups of four of more, through Thursday, November 14. After Thursday, tickets will be $70 per person. Sign up online by visiting http://plasa.me/awardssignup.