- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: PLASA | October 2, 2013
PLASA Members worldwide have begun voting in the Association's yearly elections, which
commences this week.
The month-long ballot will decide places on PLASA's European and North American Regional Boards, together with a single seat on its over-arching Governing Body.
The role of the Regional Boards is to represent the interests of members affiliated to those regions, ensuring that PLASA offers strong on-the-ground support to members. Both the North American and European Regional Boards are looking to fill a number of places for 2014.
For the European Regional Board, Adam Blaxill, of Stage Electrics, has put his name forward for the position of Vice-Chair; Duncan Bell, of Autograph Sound Recording Ltd., has put his name forward for Secretary; Mark Cooper, of SES Entertainment Services Ltd., Peter Heath, of Roland UK Ltd., and Matt Lloyd, of Global Design Solutions Ltd., have put their names forward to represent Manufacturer members; and Patrick Colin, of Northern Stage Services Ltd., and Lee
Dennison, of Sound by Design Ltd., are standing for the position of Professional Services representative.
There are five positions up for election on the North American Regional Board. Eddie Raymond is standing for a second term as Chair; Fred Mikeska, of A.C. Lighting, has put his name forth for a second term as the Distributor Representative; Brian Lawlor, of IATSE, is standing for a second term as the Organizational Representative; and Sean Savoie and Dana Taylor are running for the position of Individual Representative.
Pio Nahum, of Clay Paky, and Steve Terry, of Electronic Theatre Controls, have put their names forward for the single 'at large' position available on the main Governing Body, the Board that has oversight of the two Regional Boards and sets the overall strategic direction of the Association.
PLASA CEO Matthew Griffiths said: "It is an exciting time for PLASA with new global strategic and operating plans coming into play. Your vote as a PLASA Member is critical in providing membership representation in developing these plans over the coming years for the continued success of all."
The results will be announced in early November, ahead of the new members of the Boards taking up their positions in the New Year.