- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival | August 13, 2013
The Festival returns to present the diversity of Latino Cinema & Artistry bringing us the new voices, blockbusters & personal stories from all over the US, Latin America, Spain & Portugal all in one place.
Hollywood rolls out the red carpet for the best Latino Cinema from around the world for the 16th Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival (LALIFF). The festival will run from Thursday, October 10 through Monday, October 14, 2013 in the heart of the entertainment capital. General screenings will be at the TCL Chinese Theaters 6 at the Hollywood & Highland center from Friday to Monday.
LALIFF, co-founded by Oscar® nominated & Golden Globe and Emmy winner actor, director, and activist Edward James Olmos, celebrates the diversity and richness of the best of emerging and established Latino talent in cinema. The festival's mission is to support and promote the development and exhibition of the work by Latino filmmakers including producers, directors, writers and actors, as well as movies that depict Latino culture.
Since its inception in 1997, LALIFF has grown to become an internationally renowned festival that attracts and unites film enthusiasts from a culturally diverse audience from the Los Angeles community, as well as industry executives and Hollywood celebrities. Through the years, LALIFF has hosted the premieres of hundreds of Latino films, many of which have followed their world premieres at the prestigious Cannes, Toronto, Venice and San Sebastian film festivals. Others from our own backyard most importantly we discovered talent, amazing stories and hidden places all our around the world.
The Academy of Motion Picture, Arts and Science validates the festival's films excellence by recognizing LALIFF as a qualifying festival for the Academy's Short Film Category for the Oscar® race. LALIFF and the Academy's Film Archive have also established the LALIFF Collection where Latino films are preserved and available for free viewing to the public.
LALIFF 2013 will present feature films, documentaries, shorts and special screenings. In addition, filmmakers and the public will be able to participate in workshops as well as musical and arts events.
For more information on LALIFF 2013 screenings and events, please visit: www.latinofilm.org.
The Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival (LALIFF) was founded in 1997 by producer, director, actor and activist Edward James Olmos; independent producer & film programmer Marlene Dermer, and independent film and music producer George Hernández. LALIFF is a non-profit 501c (3) organization with the mission to support the development and exhibition of diverse visions by Latino filmmakers and to promote awareness of the richness and diversity of Latin cultures, artistry and countries through film, the most powerful medium in the world. A competitive festival with prizes, LALIFF serves as a venue where Latino filmmakers come together with industry buyers and distributors. LALIFF also offers industry workshops, panels, labs, networking receptions, educational programs, and hosts some of the best Galas in Tinseltown.