- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: JuntoBox Films | June 18, 2013
Forest Whitaker Announces the 5th Project for JuntoBox Films at Film Independent's Los Angeles Film Festival. Today at the Los Angeles Film Festival, produced by the nonprofit arts organization Film Independent, JuntoBox Films, a collaborative film studio for filmmakers and fans co-chaired by Forest Whitaker, announced the greenlight of the company's fifth feature film, The Driver. Written by George Richards, The Driver becomes the 5th project chosen by the JuntoBox Films community for active development. Alex Ardenti is attached to direct the feature film.
"From the onset, the focus of JuntoBox Films has been to provide filmmakers with a support and mentoring system to develop their projects and careers," said Forest Whitaker, co-chairman of JuntoBox Films. "We have an incredible community of bright and talented storytellers and we're honored to add George Richards' The Driver to our growing slate."
JuntoBox Films recently wrapped production on Sacrifice, a dramatic thriller starring Dermot Mulroney and Melora Waters that follows four teenage boys from a small Texas town as they deal with the consequences after experiencing a tragic accident. The collaborative film studio will be selecting its next slate of films from a variety of genres, starting with the comedy category this August, followed by action/sci-fi in September, and horror in November.
The Driver synopsis
A down-on-his luck BOXER agrees to be the driver for a heist. When things go horribly wrong, he finds himself with a dead partner and a duffle bag full of cash. With no one else to account for the take, the boxer decides to keep half for himself but is promptly busted by his employer, who gives him a choice: kill or be killed.
ABOUT JUNTOBOX FILMS
JuntoBox Films is a collaborative film studio and social community for filmmakers and fans to connect, create and ultimately, make films. JuntoBox merges the collaborative energy of a social platform with the more traditional in-house film development process including greenlighting, financing, marketing and distribution. For more information, find us at www.JuntoBoxFilms.com and follow us at @JuntoBoxFilms or http://www.facebook.com/JuntoboxfilmsCreators