- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Dan Harary | April 15, 2013
What originally began as the "Career Fair & Technology Expos" of 2011 and 2012 has evolved into a brand new, two-day event, entitled the "Production Pipeline Expo." This inaugural event, which will be held May 3-4 at the Barker Hanger (Santa Monica Airport,) has been designed as a full blown visual effects and animation expo, complete with expert panels, "must see" presentations, best in class educational sessions, provocative speakers, and an unprecedented level of attendee talent with an eye on new opportunities. The announcement was made today by the expo's founder/originator Anthony Horn, most recently Director of Marketing and Development for the Visual Effects Society.
The Production Pipeline Expo 2013 will address the creation, development, management, and delivery of content across film, television, and games along all the disciplines involved within an actual production pipeline, with special attention paid to all major portions of the creation process. For comprehensive information about this event, please see:
Mr. Horn said, "The Production Pipeline Expo 2013 has been conceived to serve as a new home for the solutions that will inspire today's artist, help discover tomorrow's new leaders, and spark original ideas that will drive 'the next big thing' in the collective creative industries of VFX, Animation and Game Development. This show will focus on the artists, new technologies, original thinking, and talent building, and has been designed to inspire and teach on a collective level."
Among the initial guest speakers slated to participate in the inaugural Production Pipeline Expo are:
** Glenn Cote - Visual Effects Supervisor
** Mike Amron - Kinect Scanning and Motion Capture
** Kevin McTurk - Creature Artist
** Peter Busch - VP of Business Development, Faceware
** John Parenteau - Managing Director, Silverdraft
** Art David - VP Animation/Creative Services, Turner Studios
** Joe Pearson - Filmmaker
** Don Levy - President, Smith Brook Farm
** Mike Romy - Head of Pipeline, Zoic Studios
** Paul Hopkins - Owner, Matchbox Effects
Additional guest speakers will be announced shortly.
A number of creative disciplines involved in the production pipeline process will also be presented on the Expo's Showroom Floor. These disciplines include:
** Lighting & Rendering
** Look Development & Element Shoots
** Modeling and Texture
** Animation and Visual Effects
** Previs & Film Scans
** Roto and Plate Prep
** Rigging & Grading
** Tracking & Match Movement
** High Dynamic Range Photos
The inaugural Production Pipeline Expo has secured a number of major corporate sponsors, including DreamWorks Animation, Marvel,
Nvidia, TNG Visual Effects, Wacom, Assimilate, Blackmagicdesign,
Slingjot.com, PhaseSpace, Faceware Technologies, Inc., and Animation Magazine, among others.