- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Boomerang Carnets | March 4, 2013
The addition of Albania to the ATA Carnet system on February 25th, 2013 is the final piece to the puzzle of carnet countries on the Balkan Peninsula. Albania now joins the other nine Balkan countries in issuing and accepting carnets and makes it possible to travel, exhibit and shoot throughout the region using an ATA Carnet, The Merchandise Passport.
Not only will Albania's membership benefit business travel amongst those countries, it will assist U.S. film and T.V. producers to shoot throughout region. Now, crews and their equipment can travel from the U.S. and throughout the Balkans (Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and Turkey) using a single customs document to clear customs without paying import duties or taxes.
The addition of Albania is timely for U.S. producers since the region has been cited by the New York Times as portending a new wave of Balkan cinema on the world stage and therefore receptive to co-production from North America.
Albania is the newest and 72nd member country of the ATA Carnet system and the first new member since 2011 when Mexico and Bosnia and Herzegovina joined the system. If you have previously been issued an unexpired carnet, as of February 25th 2013, that carnet is valid for use in Albania. This is regardless of the fact that Albania is not yet printed on the list of carnet countries on the carnet General List.
For additional information on carnets to Albania, contact the Carnet HelpLine at (800) ATA-2900.