- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Wendy Woodhall | January 31, 2013
Local and Independent Reseller Meets Professional Organization's Needs. The Los Angeles Post Production Group (LAPPG), one of the leading post-production professional organizations and networking groups in the entertainment industry, has just partnered with MelroseMAC to offer the finest retail and professional post production resources for their members.
A vibrant community of post-production professionals, the LAPPG meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month offering networking as well as educational workshops on a wide range of topics. Membership is comprised of editors, sound designers, mixers, colorists, graphic artists, VFX artists, post-production supervisors, directors of photography, producers, directors and other entertainment professionals.
"This partnership with MelroseMAC will be a great opportunity for the membership. They've got three locations in the greater Los Angeles community and they're an established, trusted and reliable media and production reseller. Their extremely knowledgeable staff will help guide members through the sometimes confusing choices regarding equipment and software," explains Woody Woodhall, CAS, Founder of the LAPPG.
Three things stood out for the LAPPG when exploring a partnership with MelroseMAC. First, they wanted to support a local and independent company. Secondly, MelroseMAC carries many products LAPPG members use such as AJA, Adobe, Blackmagic Design and HP. And finally, they wanted to offer LAPPG members access to MelroseTEC, the professional division of MelroseMAC, with highly skilled engineers who can design facilities, workflows and edit bays and put everything together.
"MelroseMAC is thrilled to partner with LAPPG and join their network of entertainment professionals," said Martin Vann, CEO of MelroseMAC. "Our goal is to bring to the group our perspective on the industry, trends and opportunities and ensure members have access to the latest education and product information."
MelroseMAC will kick off their education forum with a dedicated presentation to LAPPG members with a NAB 2013 recap on April 17th.
The LAPPG's monthly meetings are open to any one with an interest in filmmaking, finishing and content creation and information regarding their meetings can be found on their website www.LAPPG.com. Their next meeting will be held on February 13th at 7pm at the Showbiz Store & Cafe at 500 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90049. A $5.00 entrance fee is kindly requested and as always there will be the opportunities to network with some of Los Angeles' premiere post production professionals as well as the chance to win amazing giveaway prizes.
About the LAPPG
The Los Angeles Post Production Group (LAPPG) is a professional organization/user group for those with an interest or passion for digital filmmaking and the post-production finishing process. The group was founded in 2008 and hosts monthly meetings with the industry's leading experts, professionals and companies. It is a thriving, creative and supportive networking community for members in Los Angeles and around the world.