- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Laurie Kirby | November 28, 2012
The International Film Festival Summit (IFFS) is pleased to announce a panel featuring key staff members from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences at its 2012 International Film Festival Summit taking place Dec. 2-4 at the Hyatt Regency in Austin, Texas.
The 2012 IFFS will bring together some of the most recognized film festival professionals and entertainment executives from Sundance, SXSW, Seattle Film Festival and more to network, learn from each other, establish partnerships and understand the latest trends in film festivals.
For the first time, the Academy will lead a unique panel, "Beyond the Oscars®: Opportunities, Alliances and Expertise", discussing grant opportunities, curatorial alliances, archive collection loans and qualifying short films for the Academy Awards®. Attendees will learn about a variety of programs and initiatives organized and supported by the Academy throughout the year.
"Film festivals are an important constituency in our outreach efforts, but our work in this area may not be as well-known as other Academy initiatives," said Shawn Guthrie, grants coordinator for the Academy. "The IFFS has provided us a terrific opportunity to connect with festival organizers who want to find out about the ways they can benefit from what the Academy has to offer."
Since 1927 the Academy has been dedicated to the advancement of the arts and sciences of motion pictures. Much like IFFS, the utilization of events, education, outreach and preservation to foster an understanding about the film industry has been an approach used by the Academy; continually benefitting those in the business. IFFS is looking forward to building a relationship with the Academy; together strengthening the global film industry.
"This is an unprecedented opportunity to go behind the scenes with the Academy team to learn the inner workings of this very influential organization. We feel honored that they have chosen our forum to initiate the dialogue with film festivals," said Laurie Kirby, executive director of the International Film Festival Conference.
Featured Speakers Include:
Panelist: Shawn Guthrie, Grants Coordinator, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Panelist: Ellen Harrington, Director of Exhibitions and Special Events, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Panelist: Torene Svitil, Awards Office Department Head, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Panelist: May Haduong, Public Access Manager, Academy Film Archive, Academy of Motion Picture and Sciences
About International Film Festival Summit (IFFS)
The International Film Festival Summit (IFFS) is the largest international organization representing the film festival industry. The IFFS mission is to promote and strengthen the global film festival industry through education, networking, dissemination of information, and the cultivation of high standards for the industry. The IFFS was founded in 2002 and provides the only annual conference & symposium for film festival professionals and entertainment executives to network, learn from one another, establish partnerships, and understand the latest trends in festivals and independent film. For those interested in learning more about the International Film Festival Summit please contact Laurie Kirby at laurie(dot)kirby(at)filmfestivalsummit(dot)com or 626-470-6043.