- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Animals of Distinction | November 14, 2012
The ABC's of Death is a film anthology of 26 different shorts. Each short relates death to its own letter of the alphabet and each short is done by a different director. Making its world premier at the Toronto International Film Festival this fall followed by subsequent film festivals including AFI Fest most recently, the consensus of reviews is that "D is for Dogfight" was one of the favorites.
Steve Berens' Animals of Distinction was responsible for the dog work in this short. The story depicted a fight between a dog and a man. Steve Berens trained the dog as well as had a major role in setting up the shots. Because of time and budget restraints and the amount of physical contact, there was no way to train an actor to work with the dog. While Steve has done stunts with animals for years he got a chance to grow when he became the lead actor on this one.
Steve trained the loveable lab to snap his head as if being punched, snarl ferociously and even grab and hold his neck in a death grip.
Other projects Steve Berens' Animals of Distinction worked on this year was training greyhounds and a European Red Deer for Grown Ups 2, cats for Paranormal Activity 4 and a cute puppy for About Last Night along with other indie projects and commercials.
Steve Berens' Animals of Distinction is a full service animal training company. One of our goals is to create memorable characters like Sam, the shepherd, in the movie I Am Legend. We do script breakdowns, budgeting, coordinating, stunts and now acting!
Steve Berens' Animals of Distinction, Inc.
661 733-6095 cell