- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: El Portal | June 21, 2012
Now Available For Film Screenings
The Monroe Forum Theatre is now available for film screenings and intimate industry events. It is ideal for independent film, television program screenings, and location shooting. El Portal's Main Stage has been the site of hundreds of film and television locations over the past twelve years. On July 9th, the historic stage will be the location for a live taping of Lifetime Television's hit show, Dance Moms.
In conjunction with the celebrations and tributes commemorating the 50th anniversary of Marilyn Monroe's death on August 5th, El Portal Theatre is hosting the live play MARILYN: FOREVER BLONDE starring the award-winning Sunny Thompson August 2-5, 2012. The play had a 12 week run on the West End in London where the West End Review called it "Magic and Enchanted", and the London Sunday Times called it "Extraordinary! It is rare to see something so authentic or so full of integrity and depth"
The El Portal Theatre in North Hollywood sits next door to the elementary school that Monroe attended in the 1930's and in remembrance of little Norma Jeane, the venue will dedicate it's Forum Theatre to Marilyn and will re-christen the house "The Monroe Forum" during the run of MARILYN: FOREVER BLONDE with Sunny Thompson cutting the Opening Day ribbon. The ribbon cutting and renaming of the theatre is scheduled for 6 pm Saturday, August 4th in the lobbies of the El Portal.
DATES for Marilyn: Forever Blonde
August 2 - 5, 2012 (5 performances only)
Thursday, August 2 at 8PM
Friday, August 3 at 8PM
Saturday, August 4 at 3PM & 8PM
Sunday, August 5 at 3PM
Ribbon cutting and renaming of the Monroe Forum Theatre
Saturday, August 4 at 6 pm
$30 - $40 Sides
$50 - $60 Center
For Tickets call:
Or order online:
For Press Seats contact:
Forrest & Associates
Pegge Forrest - Jay Irwin
El Portal Theatre is a historic landmark in the San Fernando Valley located in the heart of North Hollywood just minutes from Universal Studios, Warner Brothers, Disney, ABC, CBS-Radford and NBC Burbank. The theatre, originally built as a vaudeville house in 1926, sits across Lankershim Blvd from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and the Art Institute of California-Hollywood.