- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Tech Works FX Studios | May 9, 2012
Tech Works FX Studios, a special creature effects company in Los Angeles and now Louisiana who is known for their animatronic animals, creatures and robots, and they have worked on such movies as A.I., Cat in the Hat, MIB2, I Am Legend, G.I. Joe, Sorcerers Apprentice and Enders game as well as many many more films and TV shows and commercials. They now have added a new twist to their creative genius, teaching.
Tech Works has started a new school to teach the actual skills that we use every day in a working FX shop to anyone who wants to join.
Valek Sykes the owner of Tech Works FX Studios has often said he could teach the proper skills needed to work in a shop in a matter of weeks compared to these high priced make up fx schools that have milled out tons of kids that simply are not worth hiring in our industry. The problem is two reasons; they are not skilled enough to work in a shop and they are not experienced enough to work on set. It's that simple. Most shops just don't hire them or they have to try to teach them properly on the job. "its a shame" says Valek, "these guys are so driven and interested in our industry but they just don't have the proper training after many months and spending 10's of thousands in these schools. Now they literally beg to scrub my floors just to get into the industry. It was a serious and discouraging problem in our industry so we spent over a year developing a course to address it and its been great for everyone. It gives us new energy and gives them the real skills to work and get into the industry they dreamed about. We love what we do and now we share that with the next generation of creative artists and it's been simply great."
Tech Works FX has been in many cutting edge and creative projects over the past decade but this new direction has brought new blood and new energy to our great fx industry. We know that we have ensured that the industry will be stronger and as we plan out the next creature and robot project, we will have some really good hands on board to bring it all to life.
For more information please check out www.techworksstudios.com and www.LearnFX.biz