- CELEBRATING EXCELLENCE ON LOCATION WORLDWIDE
- Celebrating 50 Years
- COVID-19 Resource Center
- Tech Rentals During 4 Stages Of COVID-19 Reopening
- "NEW ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TOOLS WILL REVOLUTIONIZE THE VISUAL EFFECTS INDUSTRY"
- GIBRALTAR SECURITY SERVICES ANNOUNCES PROGRAM TO HELP DURING COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
- Rose Brand COVID19 War Effort Creates National Call-to-Action Program
- Hula Post: New Video & Audio Suites Qualified For New Streaming Platform Demands
Woodbury Film Festival 2021
- Action Picture Cars: Hundreds of Cars for Production!
- Animal Actors of Hollywood for 40 Years!
- TRUCK STUNTS: A MIKE RYAN COMPANY
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
Creative Handbook puts together a bi-monthly newsletter featuring up-to-date information on events, news and industry changes.
Add My Email
By: American Film Institute | October 25, 2019
New Immersive Summit presented by Winston Baker Set for November 9
The American Film Market (AFM®) announced today the addition of programming to spotlight immersive content and technology for the 2019 market. AFM will celebrate its 40th edition November 6-13 in Santa Monica, CA.
For the AFM's expansion into Extended Reality (XR), the Immersive Summit presented by Winston Baker will take place on November 9 at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel. The half-day Summit will be a collaborative and educational event for creatives, buyers, sellers and innovators of the XR industry. The program will include keynotes and panel discussions featuring creators, international industry experts and decision makers, to address the stages of bringing immersive content, such as virtual and augmented reality, to market.
"The rapid developments in immersive technology are creating opportunities for artists, producers and entrepreneurs," AFM Managing Director Jonathan Wolf commented. "The Immersive Summit is a perfect fit for our global participants who seek a glimpse into their future."
"As the AR/VR industry matures, it's crucial to provide a platform which supports immersive projects from development to distribution. We are honored and excited to join forces to bring our Immersive Summit series to the American Film Market," said Katherine Winston and Amy Baker, Co-Founders of Winston Baker, in a joint statement.
Registration for the 2019 American Film Market is now open. For exhibition and registration information, please visit the AFM website.