- American Movie Company Announces...
- Animal Casting Atlanta joins the Reenvisioned Suicide Squad
- 100% VACANT and AVAILABLE Venue: Harbor View House
- Third Rail Studios is a Purpose-Built Film Studio in Atlanta
- Performing Animal Troupe Has Over 30 Years Experience
- depict Has a Wide Variety of Paintable Shapes Available
- SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 25th ANNUAL ART DIRECTORS GUILD AWARDS OPEN TODAY
- Animal Casting Atlanta Serving the Southeast
- Meet the Developers of Pacific Motion Control's Quality Equipment
- Back In Shop: Track & Manage Inventory w/ RTPro!
- RENOWNED MUSIC & SOUND DESIGN COMPANY ENDLESS NOISE NAMES DAVE CHAPMAN AS CREATIVE DIRECTOR AND PARTNER: LONGTIME MUSIC PRODUCER IS ALSO CO-FOUNDER OF BOSTON-BASED UGLY DUCK STUDIOS
- Picture Rental Cars is the Garvins Garage Specialty
- Animal Actors of Hollywood with Over 50 Years in the Industry
- Remmet Studios In 2020
- Award-Winning Experts from Coast to Coast
- Fun Fact about Beef-A-Reeno
- Forsberg Ranch & Company is COVID-19 Compliant
- Welcome back! ACME is open for prop rentals.
- Universal Animals Announces the 2020 Fido Award Winner
- Think Theatre Renovation While Waiting For Productions To Return
- Live AMA with M. David Mullen, ASC
- Filming in L.A. continues to come back
- Blue Moon's Covid-19 Cleaning & Disinfection with Electrostatic Spraying, Fogging, & UV-C Light Disinfection
- Fairplex in Pomona ready to take center stage as film production resumes
- AMANDA BROWNE APPOINTED AS AUSFILM'S DIRECTOR OF U.S. PRODUCTION IN LOS ANGELES OFFICE
- MJ Studios is open in DTLA
- Animals For Hollywood: Welcome to the Family!
- Making Virtual Production with Digital Green
- All Tame Animals: Trainers are ready to work now!
- Announcing COVID-19 Testing and Protocols Adopted with the AMPTP to Allow Production to Resume Safely
- COVID-19 Filmmaker Updates
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Seattle International Film Festival | May 9, 2019
The Seattle International Film Festival, the largest and most highly attended film festival in the United States, announced today the complete lineup of films, guests, and events for the 45th annual 25-day Festival that runs May 16 - June 9, 2019.
This year, SIFF will screen 410 films representing 86 countries and will include: 147 features (plus 4 secret films), 71 documentaries, 12 archival films, and 176 shorts. The lineup includes 33 World premieres (12 features, 21 shorts), 42 North American premieres (27 features, 15 shorts), and 19 US premieres (11 features, 8 shorts).
Opening night kicks off Thursday, May 16 with Sword of Trust, written and directed by local filmmaker Lynn Shelton (Outside In, Laggies) and features Marc Maron (Late Show with David Letterman, WTF with Marc Maron, GLOW), Jon Bass (Baywatch, Molly's Game), Michaela Watkins (Brigsby Bear, Enough Said), Jillian Bell (Workaholics, 22 Jump Street), and Toby Huss (King of the Hill, Halt and Catch Fire). The film made its world premiere at the 2019 SXSW Film Festival to audience acclaim and IFC Films will open the film in July. Lynn Shelton and Marc Maron are scheduled to attend.
The annual Centerpiece Gala, Late Night, stars Emma Thompson as a legendary late-night talk show host who, faced with diminishing ratings for her long-running show, is forced to hire her first female staff writer (Mindy Kaling, who also wrote the film's script).The film will screen on Saturday, June 1, at 5:30 PM, at the SIFF Cinema Egyptian.
As a part of this year's celebration of women in comedy, SIFF is delighted to celebrate the work of Regina Hall by presenting her with the Seattle International Film Festival Award for Outstanding Achievement in Cinema. In addition to the award presentation, the acclaimed actor is slated for an on-stage interview on Sunday, June 2 at 2:00 PM at SIFF Cinema Egyptian. Following Ms. Hall's tribute, she will introduce Support the Girls, Andrew Bujalski's film which won her the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actress.
SIFF closes its 45th festival on Sunday, June 9 with The Farewell staring Awkwafina, the flamboyant breakout star of Crazy Rich Asians, who plays a woman traveling back home to China to assist in an elaborate ruse to keep a truth from her terminally ill grandmother. Director Lulu Wang is scheduled to attend.
"Each year more than 5,000 films come through our submissions process and uncovering emerging themes each time is a satisfying puzzle that ends up being our 25-day festival," said SIFF Artistic Director Beth Barrett. "This year we saw strong female led films, specifically in the comedy genre, and are thrilled that 46-percent of the films in SIFF have female directors, and 56 percent of our competition films are directed by women."
SIFF's film line up is accompanied by industry forums, film development programs, the SIFF Lounge and a host of other complementary Festival activities, all found at siff.net.
The 2019 Seattle International Film Festival is presented by SIFF, the non-profit arts organization that reaches more than 350,000 annually through SIFF Cinema, SIFF Education, and the annual flagship Festival.
Festival Box Office opens May 2 online at siff.net and in person at any year round SIFF Box Office. View the full public program here: www.siff.net/festival