- TESTRONIC LABS INVESTS IN ARCHION
- ~ Star Spangled Sale! 20% off ~
- NewFilmmakers Los Angeles (NFMLA) Film Festival - June 29th, 2019
- CREATIVE LIVE / WORK SPACE FOR RENT IN HOLLYWOOD
- Instinct Animals for Film in John Wick 3!
- Champion Site + Sound
- Safari Technologies Launches New Website!
- Extreme Lighting Grip & Electric Equipment Rental
- New Name... Same Great Stages and People You Love!
- CALL FOR ENTRIES!
- Your All-in-One Truss Provider Also has Cases!
- Mailbox Toluca Lake also has throat remedies!
- CONCENTRIX MUSIC COMPOSE & PRODUCE SCORE FOR DOCUMENTARY
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED FOR THE 3rd ANNUAL LOCATION MANAGERS GUILD INTERNATIONAL AWARDS FOR OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENTS IN LOCATION MANAGEMENT IN MOTION PICTURES, TELEVISION, AND COMMERCIALS ACROSS THE GLOBE
By: Location Managers Guild International | March 1, 2016
Awards Ceremony to be Held on April 23, 2016
Nominees for the Location Managers Guild International's (LMGI) 3rd Annual Awards in six categories were announced today by Awards Committee Co-Chair, Robin Citrin. The awards honor productions in feature films, television programs and commercials from around the globe, in which the creative use of filming locations enhances or helps to drive the storyline. Winners will be revealed during a formal ceremony, hosted by David Doumeng on Saturday, April 23, 2016.
"We're all thrilled to receive a record number of submissions spanning the globe this year," said Award Committee Co-Chair, Robin Citrin. "It's wonderful to see such creative use of locations from all over the world." Co-Chair and Guild VP, Lori Balton adds "this year the Guild opened the submission process. Production companies, film commissions, directors, producers and filmmaking fans from around the world provided potential nominees reflecting our expanded global focus." The LMGI is formerly known as the Location Managers Guild of America (LMGA).
THE NOMINEES FOR THE 3RD ANNUAL LOCATION MANAGERS GUILD INTERNATIONAL AWARDS 2016 ARE:
OUTSTANDING LOCATIONS IN A PERIOD FILM
• BRIDGE OF SPIES (Klaus Darrelmann and Markus Bensch - Europe; Jason Farrar - New York)
• MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (Simon Crook and Paul Tomlinson)
• THE REVENANT (Robin Mounsey and Bruce Brownstein)
• STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON (Alison A.Taylor)
• TRUMBO (David Thornsberry)
OUTSTANDING LOCATIONS IN A CONTEMPORARY FILM
• BLACKHAT (Janice Polley and Julie Hannum)
• BLACK MASS (Charlie Harrington and Benjamin Dewey)
• CREED (Patricia Taggart and Dan Gorman)
• OUR BRAND IS CRISIS (Batou Chandler - New Orleans; Luis Estrella - Puerto Rico)
• SICARIO (S. Todd Christensen and Shani Orona)
OUTSTANDING LOCATIONS IN A PERIOD TELEVISION SERIES
• AQUARIUS (Michael Haro and Stacey Brashear)
• FARGO (Matt Palmer and Rob Hilton)
• GAME OF THRONES, SEASON 5 (Robert Boake and Tate Araez)
• GOTHAM (Keith Adams and Pat Sones)
• SLEEPY HOLLOW, SEASON 3 (Nancy Haecker and Ryan Taylor)
OUTSTANDING LOCATIONS IN A CONTEMPORARY TELEVISION SERIES
• BETTER CALL SAUL (Christian Diaz de Bedoya)
• BOSCH (Robert Paulsen and Paul Schreiber)
• MR. ROBOT (Demian Resnick)
• SENSE 8 (Marco Giacalone and Bill Bowling)
• TRUE DETECTIVE, SEASON 2 (Michael Chickey and Caleb Duffy)
OUTSTANDING FILM COMMISSION
• Albuquerque Film Office
• Berlin Brandenburg Film Commission
• Film LA
• Mexico City Film Office
• Royal Film Commission of Jordan
OUTSTANDING LOCATIONS IN A COMMERCIAL
• Apple Music - History of Sound (Peter Orth, David Henriksen, David McKinney)
• Budweiser - Lost Dog (Patrick Riley)
• Chevy - Chevy Anthem (Sean Alquist)
• Facebook - Friend Request (Adam Butt and Wilson Wu)
• Toyota Tacoma - Let's Go Places: Countdown (Scott Logan and Scott Trimble)
The LMGI Awards also honor outstanding service by Film Commissions for their support "above and beyond" during the production process. Honorary awards (the Eva Monley, Lifetime Achievement and Humanitarian Awards) celebrate industry professionals for their overall contributions to filmmaking - and to the global community beyond.
Sponsors include: GOLD LEVEL - Reel Security Corporation; SILVER LEVEL- Culver Studios, Pasadena Film Office, USVI Department of Tourism, Vienna Film Commission, Warner Bros. Studio Facilities; BRONZE LEVEL- Pinewood Studios Group, R&B Realty Group, a California Limited Partnership d/b/a/Oakwood Worldwide.
Honorary Award Recipients, Award Presenters and Venue Information will be announced in the near future. Further inquiries regarding the LMGI Awards may be directed to Lori Balton at email@example.com. For sponsorship opportunities please contact LMGIawards@ingledodd.com.
About the LMGI:
The Location Managers Guild International (LMGI) is an organization of experienced career professionals in the Motion Picture, Television, Commercial and Print production industries. The guild rebranded in 2016 to reflect our growing global membership and focus.
LMGI members are dedicated to the establishment of professional standards of personal conduct, safety on the set and business ethics. They support the formation of strong links with business members, governmental agencies and local communities. The Guild promotes awareness of the goals and achievements of members to the general public and within the industry through creative, educational and philanthropic programs. The LMGI was founded in 2003 as a 501(c)(6), non-profit corporation as the LMGA. The LMGI is not a labor union. They do not represent Location Managers/Scouts in wage or working condition negotiations. Follow the LMGI on Facebook and Twitter @The_LMGI.
TO REQUEST RED CARPET MEDIA CREDENTIALS FOR THE 2016 LMGI AWARDS: http://bit.ly/1TNxI9j
Cheri Warner l Nicole Player l Weissman/Markovitz Communications
818.760.8995 l firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Jill Carrigan l IngleDodd Media
310.773.7002 I LMGIawards@ingledodd.com.
The Location Managers Guild International, founded in 2003, is a 501 (c) 6, non-profit corporation dedicated to the promotion and interests of our members and our relations with the general public, communities and industry partners. The LMGI is not a labor union. We do not represent Location Managers/Scouts in wage or working condition negotiations, leaving this responsibility to our unions, including Teamsters, Local 399 in Los Angeles and DGA in New York.