- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Custom Sync Slates | February 3. 2016
Customization is our specialty
Sync slates (clapper boards) have been customized over the years incorporating engraving, silk screening and gluing the artwork to the slate board. These methods have produced marginally acceptable results.
Custom Sync Slates brings a superior product to the industry that reflects the same quality and effort you put into each of your productions.
Using the latest in advanced UV print technology, we produce full color slates that will withstand the rigors of production and serve as a long lasting memento suitable for display. We even supply a bracket to hang them on the wall or display them on a shelf.
We start with a blank slate white or clear acrylic
White Acrylic Slates
Available for traditional (dummy) slates, insert slates, time code faceplates and TCi Slates (for iPad).
Typically used when artwork consists of basic line art and text.
The artwork is printed directly onto the front of the board using the
latest UV print technology and inks.
Several advantages are realized.
- Lower price than clear acrylic slates
- Full color prints up to 5760 DPI.
- The ink (ultra violet cured) is both durable and virtually impervious to chemicals, cleaners. - The ink is light fast (will not fade) and contains no VOC's (will not harm the environment).
- Great translucency. Because we are printing directly to the acrylic there is no laminate sheet to block back lighting
Examples of white acrylic slates
Clear Acrylic Slates
The options for creating spectacular results are even greater on clear acrylic.
First, we start with optically clear acrylic that is coated with an anti-scratch coating. This coating greatly reduces the amount of fine scratching that occurs to uncoated clear acrylic.and will allow for easier wipe-off. The result, a nearly new looking slate board at the end of production suitable for display.
We can print on the front or the back, or both. Printing on both sides creates a 3D effect, the foreground (usually text) can be printed on the front with the background images printed on the back.
Advantages to using clear acrylic.
- Increased artwork options
- Superior clarity, your artwork is not "glued" to the back.
- Superior durability.
- Superior transparency. Because we are printing directly to the acrylic there is no laminate sheet to block back lighting
- In addition to the above, all edges on the acrylic boards are rounded over for user comfort and the center of the time code faceplate is removed to prevent glare in front of the time code readout.