- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: L.A. Percussion Rentals | November 3, 2015
L.A. Percussion Rentals (LAPR), the preeminent percussion and backline rental company for some of the most respected live and recording acts worldwide, are celebrating a decade in business. At the Company's 10th anniversary party, the husband and wife owners revealed their new, revamped website.
This redone website is "aiming to be more of a real resource for percussion and backline," owner Abby Savell stated. At the core, everything is databased with alternate names, so instruments are easy to find; some are cross-referenced in multiple categories, if applicable. Over thirty new instruments with photos were added and lesser-known instruments have greater description.
Another notable function of the new LAPR website is the "Sound Search," an interactive tool which is designed for those (such as prop masters) who seek instruments but aren't sure which ones to choose; the Sound Search helps the user narrow-down by certain qualities - such as region - and the results are real-time displayed.
In addition, many of the instruments - notably from renowned studio percussionist Emil Richards - have links to sound clips. Rather than simply provide solo instrument, "sample" style sound clips, the Company provides links to clips of some of the instruments in context, most from film recordings. "Many of these instruments sound different depending on what beaters are used or which area of the instrument is played on; even the musical style that's used in the example can leave a narrow impression of the instrument. We wanted to avoid the pigeonholing of sample-style sound clips, and allow a multitude of examples which allow the user to hear different applications of each instrument in different styles, and sometimes with other instruments," said owner Dan Savell.
LAPR was founded in 2005 by Dan and Abby Savell, husband and wife professional percussionists. They rent orchestral, ethnic, and eclectic percussion, along with drumsets and backline to symphony orchestras, tours, film/TV/videogame productions, bands, universities, and individual musicians.
For more information, contact Dan Savell at 310.666.8152.