- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: The Wrap | August 24,2015
Netflix announced an exclusive partnership with Japanese telecommunications company SoftBank on Monday, just days before the streaming service begins operation in the country.
SoftBank Corp, one of Japan"s leading mobile providers,will offer a fully integrated Netflix experience, including billing, when Netflix Japan launches on Sept. 2.
The streaming service also announced monthly pricing for the Japanese market as follows:
- Basic Plan: Single-stream standard definition for 650 JPY (pre-tax)
- Standard Plan: Two-stream high definition for 950 JPY (pre-tax)
- Premium Plan: Four-stream 4K ultra-high definition "family" plan for 1,450 JPY (pre-tax)
Under the agreement, SoftBank customers will be able to sign up for Netflix at SoftBank Shops, major electronics retailers, via the SoftBank website and via SoftBank call centers without filling out payment information, with Netflix's monthly fee added to their bill. In addition, SoftBank will begin pre-installing the Netflix app on its smartphones for sale after October.