- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Big Island Film Office | February 3, 2015
The County of Hawai®i is a proud partner in the GVS Transmedia Accelerator, the only program of its kind in Hawai®i. This business accelerator empowers creative Hawai®i-based entrepreneurs to launch original franchises that tell stories across multiple media platforms. Projects selected for the accelerator get an investment of $50,000 in seed capital and mentorship from industry professionals.
Over 100 entrepreneurs applied for last year®s cohort. An independent advisory board of accomplished business and entertainment industry leaders reviewed and selected five franchises based on the commercial viability and potential success of each start-up. Those five franchises ® including two feature films, a reality TV series, an IMAX movie, and a smartphone app ® are making their way through the program.
Attention is now turning to recruiting the next cohort. On February 27 from 3:30 - 6:30 p.m., the GVS Transmedia Accelerator will be hosting an event called ®The Boardroom.® Potential accelerator applicants will pitch their projects to a board of industry leaders and get immediate feedback. The board will be at Honua Studios in Kona, home of the accelerator. The event will also be available via videoconference from a site to be announced in Honolulu.
We hope that those who applied to the accelerator last year and those who are considering applying this year will take advantage of this opportunity for feedback to strengthen their applications.
RSVP your participation as an audience member or indicate your interest in pitching to the board here, or find out more about The Boardroom and the accelerator at the GVS Transmedia Accelerator website.
Mahalo for your support of film and media production on Hawai®i Island! Aloha!
T. Ilihia Gionson, Film Commissioner
Big Island Film Office, County of Hawai'i