- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: NAB Show | December 16, 2014
The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) announced today that the long-running ®Kevin & Bean Morning Show,® which airs on CBS Radio®s KROQ Los Angeles, will be inducted into the NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame. The induction will occur during the NAB Show Radio Luncheon, held Tuesday, April 14 in Las Vegas and sponsored by ASCAP.
The ®Kevin & Bean Morning Show," hosted by Kevin Ryder and Gene "Bean" Baxter, is the longest-running a.m. drive show on the air in Southern California. The show, which debuted on January 2, 1990, features music and news mixed with comedy, celebrity interviews, listener call-ins and live music performances. Consistent with ®The World Famous KROQ® modern rock format, Kevin and Bean®s ®Breakfast With...® series features bands like No Doubt, Foo Fighters, Weezer, Nine Inch Nails and U2.
Alumni of the show include prominent hosts and commentators like Jimmy Kimmel, Adam Carolla and Chris Hardwick.
"The talented team of the ®Kevin & Bean Show® is a true radio success story,® said NAB Executive Vice President of Radio John David. ®The morning show has made a huge impact on Los Angeles with its mix of music, entertainment and humor that has resonated with Southern California listeners for decades.®
In the winter of 1987, Ryder and Baxter met at the legendary Top 40 KZZP Phoenix, Arizona. Ryder had been working as one of the station®s nighttime DJs, and Baxter was the music director. After establishing a fast friendship, they teamed on air for a show called ®Saturday Night Party Patrol,® but their interest was in doing a morning show together. The duo later created a morning show demo, which they shopped around to radio stations. Andy Schuon, the then KROQ Los Angeles program director, took notice of the demo and soon after offered Ryder and Baxter the morning drive slot. Their show began January 2, 1990, and continues to this day.
Previous NAB Radio Broadcasting Hall of Fame inductees include Steve Harvey, Dave Ramsey, Bob Uecker, Gerry House, Ron Chapman, Vin Scully, Jack Buck, Harry Caray, Larry Lujack, Rick Dees and Dick Purtan.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 11-16, 2015 in Las Vegas, is the world's largest electronic media show covering the creation, management and delivery of content across all platforms. With more than 98,000 attendees from 150 countries and 1,600+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is home to the solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America's broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.