- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Modern Studio Equipment | December 12, 2014
Los Angeles-based Modern Studio Equipment has been acquired by Brandon Whiteside and Jeremy Leach, putting the leading grip and rigging manufacturing company under new ownership after 35 years.
This sale is the largest in entertainment manufacturing within the last ten years and the duo said that they plan to stay committed to ®continue the innovation, design, quality and family feeling associated with the Modern Studio Equipment brand.®
Financial terms were not disclosed.
The deal will allow Modern to ®be taken to the next level® says Jiro Moussally, who plans to continue working for the company while Seno Moussally, the previous owner retires in the coming year.
®We plan to shorten manufacturing lead times and get more product on our shelves so that both our walk in customers and our ship-to customers can get their equipment within a more accurate time frame,® says Leach. Whiteside says that as far as developing new products goes, ®Modern has always developed products that put it on the leading edge and we will continue to embrace that and bring our expertise into new fields within the industry.®
Modern Studio Equipment staffs 35 full-time workers and manufacturers all of its 2000+ SKUs in North Hollywood, California. They have a full-force, 20,000 square foot machine shop, below a 5,000 square foot technical fabrics and sewing department, both alongside a showroom that allows customers to come in and tinker with products and build their own creations. Modern is known for their signature golden-yellow finish and their grip-friendly rigging equipment and cheeseplates. For more info please visit: modernstudio.com
Contact: Brandon Whiteside (818-764-8574) Brandon@ModernStudio.com