- NAVIGATING BUSINESS TRANSLATIONS
- ETRIBEZ CASTING PLATFORM ACHIEVES 300TH TV SHOW...
- AV Gear Sales of The Year!
- Sony Electronics Boosts Full-frame Lens Line-up...
- Mailbox Toluca Lake's Jonathan Kramer: 'Dr. Voice'
- Looking For an Alternative to the Typical Step and Repeat Backdrop?
- Grip Industry Mourns Death...
- budgets are tight. math is hard.
- Sony Launches RX100 III Video Creator Kit
- $50 off Prompter Rental$100 off Studio or WebCast
- Want a Desktop Wallpaper from The Huntington Gardens?!
- TESTRONIC LABS INVESTS IN ARCHION
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Susannah Greason Robbins | June 15, 2011
The San Francisco Film Commission announced today that it has secured a 5% discount with Virgin America Airlines for productions shooting in San Francisco. This discount is one of many incentives the San Francisco Film Commission is offering productions.
"We are very excited to be able to work with Virgin American to offer this discount to productions," said Susannah Greason Robbins, Executive Director of the San Francisco Film Commission. "Since Virgin America is a San Francisco-based company, it seemed like a natural partnership, and also a way to help to bring more production to the City."
The Film Commission has been working hard to increase incentives to productions, with its Scene in San Francisco Rebate Program, which offers up to $600,000 in cash rebates to qualifying productions, as well as its Vendor Discount Program, which offers 10 - 30% off hotels, car rentals, dry cleaners, restaurants and more.
"We want to make San Francisco a financially viable place for productions to base. Our Rebate Program, Vendor Discount Program, and now our Airfare Discount with Virgin America, are ways that we can help productions lower their bottom line," said Robbins. "We are going to be adding Production and Post Production services in the very near future. These incentives, coupled with our experienced crews and a Film Office that will walk you through the permit process, help make San Francisco a more attractive place to shoot."
Productions can call the San Francisco Film Office to get a discount code to enter at the time of booking flights. For more information about any of the incentives offered, go to www.filmsf.org, or call the Film Office at (415) 554-6241.