- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Hive Lighting | September 2, 2014
At the 2014 IBC Show in Amsterdam and the 2014 Cinec Show in Munich, Hive Lighting will showcase their latest innovation in plasma production lighting: the new Wasp Plasma Par light with the tunable Daylight Dial. Hive will exhibit this new high-output, energy-efficient plasma lighting solution from September 12-16, 2014 at the Dedo Weigert Film GmbH Booth #11.E31 Hall 11 at IBC in Amsterdam and September 21-23, 2014 at the Dedo Weigert Film GmbH 3-D10 at Cinec.
Wasp Plasma Par
The Wasp Plasma Par is possibly the most versatile light source that can be plugged into the wall anywhere in the world. The Wasp has a tight, powerful 10 degree beam that can do the work of smaller HMIs on set, but when combined into arrays, or "Killers", the Wasp becomes the brightest fixture that can be plugged into a wall.
The 6-light Killer is the equivalent of a 4000W HMI running off of a single wall socket. But capable of being run on 240V its possible plug in as many as 12 of these lights at once. The Wasp also can be combined with a variety of accessories, including lenses and soft-boxes but most uniquely the barrel of an ETC source 4 can be placed directly on the front of the fixture, just like barndoors to create a daylight "leko" spot. Taking merely seconds on set, no bulb changes or building required.
Retailing for $2,495 USD, the Wasp Plasma Par is the most cost-effective, low-power, and high-output lamp on the market, providing all the benefits of Hive®s plasma technology to an even wider marketplace.
®5600K nominal daylight (fully tunable from 4,600K-7,000K)
®10 degree spot w/ Spot, Medium, Wide, Super Wide lenses
®170mm (6 5/8®) accessories
®10,000 hour bulb life
®Flicker Free (up to 225,000,000 fps)
The Wasp Plasma Par uses Hive®s Daylight Dial, offering fully tunable color temperature (in Kelvin) from 4600K ® 7000K. The Dial is calibrated to prevent any green/magenta shift and offer the ability to shift all the way to a deep blue moonlight. The Daylight Dial allows the user to track the natural shift of the sun over the course of a day, as well as warm or cool a scene creatively without the use of gels. The Daylight Dial is also now available across all of Hive®s product line.
®4600K-7,000K fully tunable
®Full spectrum with no loss of color rendering
®No green/magenta shift
®Virtually no dimming throughout daylight range (<10%)
ABOUT HIVE LIGHTING:
At Hive each fixture starts with an individual plasma bulb. Then Hive's unique optical and electronic technology captures the power of daylight in each plasma bulb for use by filmmakers and photographers. While the technology may sound complicated the fixtures are simple, with two basic building blocks, the BEE and the WASP a flood light and a spot light respectively, Hive allows you to create any kind of lighting effect possible. All of Hives fixtures can be built into arrays, combined with standard accessories and have a built in color temperature control making them the most versatile daylight source ever created.
For more information, visit Hive Lighting on the web at www.hivelighting.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HiveLighting, and on Twitter and Instagram @HiveLighting