- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: ASIFA | December 17, 2018
BURBANK, Calif. - The International Animated Film Society, ASIFA-Hollywood is honored to announce that Annecy International Animation Film Festival has officially become a festival partner with the Annie Awards™. Also joining the Annie Awards' festival partnership is Ottawa, Hiroshima and Zagreb festivals. Annecy was created in 1960 and takes place at the beginning of June in the town of Annecy, France.
As part of these partnerships, ASIFA-Hollywood has allowed the festivals' grand prize winners to submit their work for Annie Award™ consideration at no charge. This year, there are 10 festival grand prize winners who have submitted for an Annie Award™. The hope is that these festival partnerships will help to expand the scope of the Annie Awards™ internationally.
When asked about this festival initiative, Frank Gladstone, ASIFA-Hollywood's executive director remarked, "For years, we have been trying to enlarge the scope of the Annie Awards to include more international productions. Adding Annecy and the other major animation festivals as Annie partners is another way to bring an expanding world-wide scope to both our event, as well as giving well- deserved industry attention to so many more worthwhile projects."
"We are thrilled to collaborate with ASIFA-Hollywood (The International Animated Film Society), in promoting artistic animated creations. This is an additional opportunity to support films and directors by giving them improved visibility competing at the prestigious Annie Awards TM , who give genuine acknowledgment to animation professionals," says Mickaël Marin, CEO, CITIA.
ASIFA-Hollywood is the world's first and foremost professional organization dedicated to promoting the Art of Animation and celebrating the people who create it. Today, ASIFA-Hollywood, the largest chapter of the international ASIFA organization, supports a range of animation activities and preservation efforts through its membership. Current initiatives include the Animation Archive, Animation Aid Foundation, Animation Educators Forum, animated film preservation, special events, scholarships and screenings.
For information about becoming a member of ASIFA-Hollywood and all of its programs and services available to the animation community, please visit us at: www.asifa-hollywood.org.