- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: American Society of Cinematographers | January 3, 2019
The American Society of Cinematographers today announced the nominees for all five competitive categories of the 33rd Annual ASC Outstanding Achievement Awards.
The announcement was livestreamed on the ASC's Facebook page.
Winners will be named at the awards gala on February 9 in the Ray Dolby Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland.
This year's Awards will not only honor the most artful cinematography of 2018 but will also celebrate the ASC's 100th anniversary.
This year's nominees are:
Theatrical ReleaseAlfonso Cuarón for Roma
Matthew Libatique, ASC for A Star is Born
Robbie Ryan, BSC, ISC for The Favourite
Linus Sandgren, ASC, FSF for First Man
Lukasz Zal, PSC for Cold War
Spotlight AwardJoshua James Richards for The Rider
Giorgi Shvelidze for Namme
Frank van den Eeden, SBC, NSC for Girl
Episode of a Series for Non-Commercial TelevisionGonzalo Amat for The Man in the High Castle, "Jahr Null"
Adriano Goldman, ASC, ABC for The Crown, "Beryl"
David Klein, ASC for Homeland, "Paean to the People"
Colin Watkinson, ASC for The Handmaid's Tale, "The Word"
Cathal Watters, ISC for Peaky Blinders, "The Company"
Zoë White, ACS for The Handmaid's Tale, "Holly"
Episode of a Series for Commercial TelevisionNathaniel Goodman, ASC for Timeless, "The King of the Delta Blues"
Jon Joffin, ASC for Beyond, "Two Zero One"
Ben Richardson for Yellowstone, "Daybreak"
David Stockton, ASC for Gotham, "A Dark Knight: Queen Takes Knight"
Thomas Yatsko, ASC for Damnation, "A Different Species"
Motion Picture, Miniseries, or Pilot Made for TelevisionJames Friend, BSC for Patrick Melrose, "Bad News"
Mathias Herndl, AAC for Genius: Picasso, "Chapter 1"
Florian Hoffmeister, BSC for The Terror, "Go for Broke"
M. David Mullen, ASC for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Pilot)
Brendan Steacy, CSC for Alias Grace, "Part 1"
• This is the first ASC Award nomination for Alfonso Cuarón.
• This is Libatique's second nomination. His first was for Black Swan.
• First-time nominees: Ryan, Klein, Watkinson, Watters, White, Goodman, Richardson, Yatsko, Friend, Mullen and Steacy.
• Sandgren was nominated last year for La La Land. He went on to win the Academy Award.
• Zal was previously nominated and won in the Spotlight category for Ida - also directed by Pawel Pawlikowski. He shared the award with Ryszard Lenczewski, PSC.
• All Spotlight nominees are first-timers.
• Amat and Goldman were both nominated last year for the same shows. Goldman won, and also earned the Emmy this year for his work on the period series.
• These are Joffin and Stockton's third nominations.
• Joffin was previously nominated for The Andromeda Strain and Alice. Stockton won for the Eleventh Hour pilot and was nominated for the Nikita pilot.
• Herndl won last year for Genius ("Einstein: Chapter 1").
• Hoffmeister previously won for PBS Masterpiece presentation of Great Expectations.
As previously announced, this year's honorees include Robert Richardson, ASC (Lifetime Achievement Award) and Jeffrey Jur, ASC (Career Achievement in Television Award).
Above the full report on the 32nd Annual ASC Awards can be found (and here), complete with video clips from the event.