- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: New FilmMakers LA | December 13, 2018
You're invited to join NewFilmmakers Los Angeles (NFMLA) and The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) with presenting partners The Arab Film and Media Institute (AFMI), Shortcutz Amsterdam and the Dutch Culture USA (Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in New York) on Saturday, December 15th, 2018 for NewFilmmakers Los Angeles (NFMLA) Film Festival InFocus: Middle Eastern, Arab & Dutch Cinema. The event will be hosted at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences Mary Pickford Center's Linwood Dunn Theater in Hollywood.
The evening begins with InFocus: Dutch Cinema - Shortcutz Amsterdam Showcase, a collection of the winners of Shortcutz Amsterdam's 2018 season so-presented in partnership with Shortcutz Amsterdam and Dutch Culture USA (Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in New York) and offers highlights of diverse work made by Dutch filmmakers throughout the Netherlands. There are stories of peace, discovering one's identity, the mundane pains of loss, horror, and more.
The second program of the evening, InFocus: Arab Cinema is co-presented in partnership with The Arab Film and Media Institute (AFMI) and showcases Palestinian, Tunisian, Lebanese and Qatari stories that cover the often unmentioned hardships of refugees in Europe, tackle the difficult questions of ideology through the eyes of a child, look at history through a mockumentary lens, and in Cyril Aris' Oscar-Qualifying The President's Visit, take us to a town whose preparation for an important guest takes an absurd and darkly humorous turn.
The night concludes with InFocus: Middle Eastern Cinema, a selection of striking short films from Middle Eastern filmmakers who have made their work all over the world - Lebanon, Israel, France, UK, Canada and the US. They tell stories of the complexity of identity, growing up, and of being stuck in difficult situations, personally and politically.
Doors will open to the public at 3 pm with a pre-reception for the first shorts program, and the night will include a pre-reception before each of the evening's programs, where attendees can sip cocktails and mingle with industry professionals and festival selected filmmakers in the lounge. The event will conclude at 11:00 pm.
Tickets are available for $15 for an all-night access passes, which provide access to all three film programs with open bar throughout the entire event. NFMLA's Monthly Film Festivals are presented throughout the year with support from Executive Circle Sponsors FilmLA and HBO, Producers Circle Sponsors SAG-AFTRA, 21st Century Fox Global Inclusion, Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA | Golden Globes), LA County Arts Commission and LA City Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA).
SCHEDULEShorts Program #1 - InFocus: Dutch Cinema - Shortcutz Amsterdam
3:00 PM - Pre-Reception
4:00 PM - Shorts Program #1
5:30 PM - Audience Q&A
Shorts Program #2 - InFocus: Arab Cinema
5:45 PM - Pre-Reception
6:15 PM - Shorts Program #2
8:00 PM - Audience Q&A
Shorts Program #3 - InFocus: Middle Eastern Cinema
8:15 PM - Pre-Reception
8:45 PM - Shorts Program #3
10:30 PM - Audience Q&A
Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences
1313 Vine St. | Los Angeles, CA 90028
Please make sure to enter parking off of Homewood Ave. between Vine and Cahuenga (note: you can only enter Homewood Ave. from Cahuenga)