- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Dan Harary | April 01, 2013
Saints LA, a full-service visual effects house, specializing in the creation of visual imagery for feature films, TV commercials, television programs, promos, web content, and music videos, has delivered 145 VFX shots to Paramount Pictures' G.I. Joe: Retaliation, which was released in theaters March 28th.
Working with G.I. Joe: Retaliation director Jon Chu, Visual Effects Production Supervisor Bernardo Jauregui, and VFX Supervisor James Madigan, Saints LA's work ranged from compositing, rig removals and clean-up to split-screens, news graphics and monitor comps, as well as muzzle flashes and sparks. Saints LA also contributed a good deal of work on the post-vis.
"The Saints LA team was extremely proficient in producing for us a diverse array of VFX shots for this film," said Madigan. "They offered creative input while working effectively and efficiently. G.I. Joe: Retaliation is very VFX intensive and Saints LA rose to the challenge. They are a talented bunch and I've enjoyed working with them."
Mark Larranaga and Zach Kinney, co-founders of Saints LA, said, "This was the second project on which we had the pleasure of working with James Madigan. The action in this film called for a certain level of spectacular visual effects and Jon Chu was a pleasure to work for. It's always great to collaborate with filmmakers who see how VFX helps achieve their creative vision."
ABOUT G.I. JOE: RETALIATION
A follow-up to the 2009 release G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, which grossed more than $300 million worldwide, Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM) and Skydance Productions, in association with Hasbro, present G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
In this sequel, the G.I. Joes are not only fighting their mortal enemy Cobra, they are forced to contend with threats from within the government that jeopardize their very existence. The film stars D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, RZA, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum, with Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson. Directed by Jon M. Chu and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner. Written by Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick, based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe® characters.
ABOUT SAINTS LA
Founded in 2009 by industry notables Mark Larranaga and Zachary Kinney, Saints LA is a full-service facility specializing in the creation and production of visual effects and motion graphics for film, television and web content. The company's goal is to continue collaborative partnerships with directors and producers on significant feature films and television shows.
To date, Saints LA has contributed VFX work to such feature films as G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Red, Soul Surfer, several independent shorts and features, TV shows and networks including "Ghostly Lovers", "Meat & Potatoes, "America Unearthed", "Empire: A Tale of Two Cities", "Through the Wormhole", and the Discovery Channel, commercials promoting such products and brands as Kodak, and music artists including Godsmack, Mary J. Blige, Japan X, Slightly Stoopid, and Snoop Dogg.
Saints LA is located at 701 E3rd St., Suite 315, Los Angeles, CA, 90013. The phone is 213-489-4900, and the website is www.saintsvfx.com.
The Asbury PR Agency