- NAVIGATING BUSINESS TRANSLATIONS
- ETRIBEZ CASTING PLATFORM ACHIEVES 300TH TV SHOW...
- AV Gear Sales of The Year!
- Sony Electronics Boosts Full-frame Lens Line-up...
- Mailbox Toluca Lake's Jonathan Kramer: 'Dr. Voice'
- Looking For an Alternative to the Typical Step and Repeat Backdrop?
- Grip Industry Mourns Death...
- budgets are tight. math is hard.
- Sony Launches RX100 III Video Creator Kit
- $50 off Prompter Rental$100 off Studio or WebCast
- Want a Desktop Wallpaper from The Huntington Gardens?!
- TESTRONIC LABS INVESTS IN ARCHION
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Bob Moisan | September 28, 2012
Mary J. Blige and D'Angelo teamed up to bring the R&B world, "The Liberation Tour". Such a talented duo needs an equally impressive light show to match and that's just what we gave them. Chicago-based Designer, Daunte Kenner of DK Production Design, was the Creative Director on this tour. He turned to ILC to help facilitate his vision.
Daunte Kenner is no stranger to working with MJB. In 2006 he designed a rig for the
"Breakthrough Experience" tour and made quite an impression on MJB herself. Wanting to top the last tour, Daunte and ILC worked together to create a gear package to meet the artistic needs and budget reality. The entire lighting rig was built at ILC's production facility located in Arlington Heights, IL allowing the designers to pre-program the system before loading in the first show in Virginia Beach, VA. The details, planning, and prep put into this project contributed to the smooth load in at every venue.
ILC also provided a significant amount of gear for this tour as well as our tour electricians to ensure everything runs smoothly and the equipment is maintained on the road. The gear list consisted of Clay Paky Sharpys, Martin Mac Auras, VL1100, VL3000 Spot, VLX, VL3500 Wash, HES DL3, Jarag-5, Atomic 3K, DF-50, GrandMA2, GrandMA2 Lite, NPU, CM Chain Hoists, Tyler GT and James Thomas Super Truss. Currently, the tour is running nationwide and going great! The first leg wraps up at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Charlotte, North Carolina on September 15.
ABOUT INTELLIGENT LIGHTING CREATIONS (ILC)
Intelligent Lighting Creations (ILC) provides stage lighting rentals for concerts, events, trade shows and corporate meetings throughout the country. Our team includes lighting designers and the best production lighting technicians in the industry so that we can deliver the best solution for every event.
For additional information about Intelligent Lighting Creations (ILC) and this project, including photos and bios, please contact Bob Moisan, VP Sales & Marketing.
(847) - 982-2070