- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Accomplice Media | April 4, 2016
Los Angeles-Belgian-born director, creative director and visual artist Jean-Paul Frenay has joined Accomplice Media for U.S. advertising projects. Frenay's eclectic output encompasses commercials, music videos, short films, live visual installations and photography. This includes award-winning work for such brands as Toyota, VW and CPH Bank.
Frenay's short film You Are the Canvas was a finalist in the Title Design competition at this year's SXSW Film Festival. His most recent commercial project, a campaign for Lincoln and New York agency Hudson Rouge, showcases his mastery of storytelling and visual effects as a woman dances on the walls and ceiling of an elegant drawing room. He also directed a magical spot for Nissan and Digitas LBi Paris in which a Leaf "dreams" of traveling country roads while "sleeping" in a suburban garage.
Accomplice Media executive producer Mel Gragido says that Frenay's versatility and the scope of his creative vision make him a unique talent. "You rarely find a director who is as skilled with visual effects as he is sensitive to his actor's needs." Gragido notes. "From live action to visual effects to tabletop Jean Paul shows a mastery of technique that says he cannot be pigeonholed. We believe when people see the work and recognize the talent, they will create projects with him in mind."
For his part, Frenay says that he chose to join Accomplice because Gragido and executive producer Jeff Snyder embraced his desire for constant self-reinvention. "I was looking for a company whose vision went beyond the work I've done in the past," he explains. "I hate repeating myself and was looking for partners who will bring me new challenges."
Jeff Snyder is enthusiastic about the addition of Frenay to Accomplice. "I was riveted watching his work when I first saw it," Snyder notes. "JP's work is a masterful blend of amazing visuals, engaging performances and technical expertise. I'm excited for the opportunity to work with him and bring his unique talents to agencies and brands here in the U.S."
Frenay began his career as a Flame artist and evolved into directing ten years ago. He quickly became known for his ability to blend techniques, including live action, stop motion, CGI, miniatures, motion design, video mapping and photography. His commercial reel includes groundbreaking, mixed-media work for Nike, Brother, Peugeot, Nescafe, Nissan.
"I look for projects where I can break boundaries," Frenay says. "I've done that throughout my career. In addition to my desire to continue my work in commercials, I'd like to develop my repertoire to include longer formats and content related projects such as features and TV series, especially those that mix storytelling and visual effects."
Outside advertising, Frenay has created visuals and interactive installations for plays, dance and experimental works. His short film Artificial Paradise, Inc. was nominated for an Animago Award for Best Technical Direction and screened at festivals worldwide.
For more information about Accomplice Media, visit http://www.accomplice-media.com/