- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
Creative Handbook puts together a bi-monthly newsletter featuring up-to-date information on events, news and industry changes.
Add My Email
By: Mailbox Toluca Lake | August 1, 2018
Mailbox Toluca Lake's Jonathan Kramer with award-winning Chinese-American singer-songwriter, actor, producer, and film director Leehom Wang. Formally trained at the Eastman School of Music, Williams College and Berklee College of Music, Wang is known for fusing Chinese musical styles with hip-hop and R&B. He has over 60 million followers on social media.
Besides postal services, he specializes in vocal health products like Ginger Honey Crystals Tea, Red Ginseng Royal Jelly, Honey Loquat Candy and more
Mailbox Toluca Lake seems like a typical post office box business with its exterior blending in with a row of other storefronts at 10153 1/2 Riverside Drive. But inside this shop it's a whole different story.
For decades known as the unofficial "Town Hall for the Entertainment Industry," it's where ideas for movies and shows have been hatched, and where there are at least 1,000 mailboxes designated to mostly people in the industry. Of course, FedEx, postal services and notary services are available. Now the store is just as well known for the voice and throat remedies sold by owner Jonathan Kramer, informally known as "Doctor Voice to the Superstars." His products combat laryngitis, hoarseness and other ailments of singers as well as those doing voice-overs. "I've owned the store for 11 years," Kramer says. "I got into the voice business about five years ago, and it's been extremely successful."
He recalled how his mother and sisters had a chronic cough, and one of his cousins bought them a box of Grether's Pastilles, handmade throat lozenges from Switzerland. Kramer still sells them today, handing this writer a sample of Blackcurrent Grether's Pastilles "for throat and voice" from a bag of samples he says he is always handing out. The sample "voice bag" also includes a tube of Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa, an herbal-based honey loquat syrup for fatigued voices. There is also a small spray bottle of Thayer's Dry Mouth Spray, 100 percent Raw Manuka Honey, Throat Coat Herbal Tea, a Wedderspoon Manuka Honey Lollipop and Ginger Honey Crystals Tea-a natural product with immune system and digestion support properties that can help stave off viruses.
Recently he discovered two new products that are now top sellers--Gargle Away Throat Care, primarily for strep throat, and Honees throat lozenges made in Italy. These Honees cough drops come in Honey Lemon, Menthol and the original pure liquid-filled delicious savory Honees drops. Other new finds include Vocal Eze-a soothing natural throat spray made of ginger, Echinacea and honey and Lip Eze Chapstick for Musicians-"The only chap- stick for horn players," states Kramer.
Mailbox Toluca Lake's extensive online catalog also includes brand names such as Tiger Balm liniment.
Kramer says several recording studios keep his merchandise in stock for their clientele. Voice coach Eric Vetro, who has trained stars such as Ariana Grande and Katy Perry, refers all his clients to Kramer's store, while Burbank ear, nose and throat specialist Dr. Warren Line prescribes Kramer's products for his patients.
For more information visit MailBoxTolucaLake.com, call (818) 505-9350 or come by 10153 1/2 Riverside Dr. at Forman.