- Celebrating 50 Years
- COVID-19 Resource Center
- Tech Rentals During 4 Stages Of COVID-19 Reopening
- "NEW ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TOOLS WILL REVOLUTIONIZE THE VISUAL EFFECTS INDUSTRY"
- GIBRALTAR SECURITY SERVICES ANNOUNCES PROGRAM TO HELP DURING COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
- Rose Brand COVID19 War Effort Creates National Call-to-Action Program
- Hula Post: New Video & Audio Suites Qualified For New Streaming Platform Demands
Woodbury Film Festival 2021
- Action Picture Cars: Hundreds of Cars for Production!
- Animal Actors of Hollywood for 40 Years!
- TRUCK STUNTS: A MIKE RYAN COMPANY
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Leuven International Short Film Festival | November 21, 2019
Every year, the International Short Film Festival Leuven, founded in 1995, presents a selection of short films - fiction and animation, documentaries as well as non-narrative films.
The Flemish and European short film competitions are an essential part of the festival. Annually, around nine jury and audience awards are handed out. In addition the festival always offers a series of retrospectives and specials. And ever since 2007 the Flemish Audiovisual Fund awards its Wildcards at the festival.
The International Short Film Festival Leuven, which has been taking place at Art Center STUK since 2002, usually presents around 120 screenings over the course of eight days. Every year, the festival screens over 200 short films from around the world, presented in over 25 different programs. In addition, the festival also hosts fascinating masterclasses, workshops and panel discussions for film fans and professionals from here and abroad. In 2014 the festival hit a new milestone of 10.000 visitors.
The festival has been Academy Award Qualifying since 2012, which means that the short films that are awarded the jury prizes in the European and Flemish competitions automatically end up on the Academy's long list for Best Short Film. In 2016, the festival also became BAFTA Qualifying and in 2017 it nominated a short film for the European Film Awards for the first time.