- Still Time to Order Easter Decor & Supplies!
- LCW Pros Contributed to Captain Marvel!
- You're invited to 'Taste of the World Locations Show'
- The Inaugural See it - End it! Film & Arts Festival
- Dawn Animal Agency Provides Creatures on Camera
- Pursuit Aviation: Aerial Cinematography
- Steve Martin's Working Wildlife
- ISLE was invited to the annual meeting of...
- NAB Announces 2019 Digital Leadership Award...
- Bring your production to life...
- America's Got Talent Winner Darci Lynne Visits Remmet...
- Mob Scene Editors Co-Creative Directors
- 2019 HIFF Spring Showcase
- ASPECT NAMES NEW CREATIVE DIRECTOR...
- AFI FEST Key Dates + Call for Entries
- AVS Launches NAB Show Resource...
- Get Lucky with our St. Patrick's Day Sale!
- The ASC Welcomes Zhao Xiaoding as a New Active Member
- THE FASTER TOGETHER STAGE COMES TO THE RIO APRIL 9TH
- Save the date: Power Gems at Matthews Garage Sale
The Latest Industry News for the Exciting World of Production.
By: Digital Cinema Society | December 7, 2018
While prepping for an out-of-town shoot, James Mathers, Cinematographer and Founder of the Digital Cinema Society discusses packing equipment for travel and gives a quick demo of the Tenba Cineluxe 24 camera bag. View it here:
About Digital Cinema Society
The Digital Cinema Society is a nonprofit educational cooperative dedicated to the industry's informed integration of new technology. Formed in 2003, as an outgrowth of a pro bono documentary on the subject of Digital Cinema, we now have an international membership of approximately 6,500 and count some of the top filmmaking, technology, and business leaders in the Entertainment Industry among our membership. Academy Award winners to aspiring Filmmakers, Educators, and Students are joined by artists from every production and post discipline including dozens of ASC Cinematographers, ACE Editors, leading Technologists, and top management from Manufacturers, Studios, Exhibitors, and Networks.
The Society's purpose is not to advocate for digital technology, but to objectively examine all media, solutions, services, and technologies without favoring any one brand, service, or format over another. Membership benefits include a monthly eNewsletter, admission to regularly scheduled educational presentations, and access to our members site with streaming coverage of past events, and news of the latest developments in the field of Digital Cinema. Our library of "Streaming Knowledge On Demand" includes programs such as:
Lighting Workshop featuring four prominent ASC Cinematographers
Presentations of new equipment such as the latest cameras from Panasonic, ARRI, Sony, Blackmagic Design, RED, Weisscam, Phantom, etc. as well as new Lighting Technology
Panel discussions on subjects such as ACES, 4K Editing, Indie Finance & Distribution, 3D Production, Post, and Exhibition, RAW Workflows, Look Management, The Role of the Digital Imaging Technician, How To Monetize Your Stock Footage, Underwater Cinematography, Sound Recording for Digital Image Capture, Digital Storage Solutions for Production & Post, Creating High Quality DVDs, Web Distribution, New Lighting Technology, Digital Still Cameras for Motion Picture Production, and Metadata.
News Reports From NAB 2005 thru 2017 and excerpts from our documentary, Digital Cinema Solutions.
Please take a few minutes to check us out. If you like what you see, it only takes a few minutes to also visit the sign up page and be added to our roster. Annual membership dues are $50US, a Lifetime Membership is $300US, but if you are a student, or otherwise challenged to afford it, just send a note, and your membership will be complimentary. (Please note: complimentary memberships do not include a DCS membership card.) Thanks for Visiting, James Mathers Founder, Digital Cinema Society.